Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > are we headed for super september or is it a pipe dream

are we headed for super september or is it a pipe dream
macusrX
Jul 26, 2001, 06:43 PM

well, mwny was so-so in some eyes and good in others.... and now we look forward as always on the schedule and we are lead to what sould be "super september". why so super?? well 10.1 will be out, and we have two events- Seybold and Apple Expo Europe. Now will these events bring us what we thought were getting in NY or will it be the same old song and dance? will we see an iBook rev by then (will be apx. 6 months from intro)? the flat screen iMac? "onyx" the PBG4 rev? what do u think. september- blessing or bust??

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2001, 04:49 AM

I'm in for the ride...

I sure hope it's going to rock.

jeffhot
Senior User
Jul 27, 2001, 02:02 PM

Well I was fairly certain that MacWorld was gonna be huge too, but this time I think more of the hype will pan out. The list is a bit smaller this time, and most of the assumed products are now over due (to the rumor crowd) so I fully expect:

OS X 10.1-already announced
iDVD2- already announced
new iMac- the recent update was so minor there is no need to wait, but this LCD imac could still be pushed back more
TiBook update- yeah, they're gonna need to put a combo Drive in the high end one at least.

But I don't expect any color portables really, who needs 'em. Also by then 6 Apple Stores will be open, so there will have to be announcements for the next bunch. Sounds like fun, hope there is a Quicktime broadcast.

Hey, my 400th post!

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2001, 10:00 PM

The R&D on the combo drive has probably taken a while. While there are slot-loading combo drives, none would fit inside the enclosure for the PowerBook G4. Making a custom drive is probably what has set them back.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

Forum Links
Forum Rules