Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Dreamweaver CS3 Crashes

Dreamweaver CS3 Crashes
dynsight
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2007, 08:06 AM

I recently upgraded to "Adobe's" Web Pro CS3. While the traditional adobe products work okay, Dreamweaver crashes frequently. I am running it on a 17" macbook pro, OSX 10.4.9, 2GB, 2.16 Ghz

Basically, setting CSS styles, anything using the spry network, getting properties for the DIV, pasting over (replacing) causes a crash. I have sent 23 reports to Adobe, not one response. Worse yet, their response to me was that they are not responsible for any problems, nor would they provide a refund.

The other products seem to work well, although I have not tested flash yet.

There is already a bug in Fireworks where the cropping box disappears.

Anyone else experiencing problems with CS3?

Aron Peterson
Senior User
Apr 30, 2007, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by dynsight View Post
Anyone else experiencing problems with CS3?
Every CS3 app has been rock solid on my end.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

workerbee
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2007, 10:09 AM

Nothing unusual here either.
CS 3 has been generally very solid, with only Flash crashing maybe 3 times in 4 weeks of heavy daily use. I have not (yet) used DW a lot, though.
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

Evoken
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2007, 10:37 AM

No crashes here either.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Apr 30, 2007, 07:55 PM

I was getting a consistent crash when I changed the default proportional font to Myriad.

I moved it to Helvetica and it went away.

Other than that it has been pretty stable.

Toby

indigoimac
Senior User
Apr 30, 2007, 08:06 PM

It's been ok for me, better than version 8, which was horrible under Rosetta, I still hate it though...
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB RAM 6490M 120GB OWC 6G SSD 500GB HD
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 8600M GT 200GB HD
17" C2D iMac 2.0GHz 2GB RAM x1600 500GB HD

wr11
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2007, 11:20 PM

Meh - dreamweaver is so over for me. The amount of configuring you need to do to make it not screw with your code is not realistic. I'm all about SkEdit and Transmit right now and perhaps soon to be diving into Coda.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aron Peterson View Post
Every CS3 app has been rock solid on my end.
One has to actually *use* the apps in question to know how stable they are, not just download them and fiddle around with the controls. Post whoring like you do is not appreciated in a help forum. If you don't have an issue with CS3 or can't help, do us all a really big favor and don't post.

Retard.

Usually crashes in Adobe apps are connected to font issues. Their response to you is expected. Adobe doesn't give a turd about its customers. It is impolite and arrogant. Unfortunately there isn't much competition with them now that they've acquired Macromedia.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Kevin
Baninated
May 1, 2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
One has to actually *use* the apps in question to know how stable they are, not just download them and fiddle around with the controls. Post whoring like you do is not appreciated in a help forum. If you don't have an issue with CS3 or can't help, do us all a really big favor and don't post.

Retard.
1.15 posts a day can't be seen as post whoring What is with the hateful tude voodoo?
Anyhow you say that above.. then go on to say...
Usually crashes in Adobe apps are connected to font issues. Their response to you is expected. Adobe doesn't give a turd about its customers. It is impolite and arrogant. Unfortunately there isn't much competition with them now that they've acquired Macromedia.
*sigh*

Evoken
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2007, 11:00 AM

I don't get some people. Seems that if a company reaches monopoly status, then it must be evil by default and we should hate the company and use other products instead. I have seen a lot of anti-Adobe sentiment as of late.

People are more worried about there being "competition" to Adobe than they are about the actual features of the Adobe applications. It is the same mentality that many have with Microsoft. "It is a monopoly so it must be evil!".

I wonder what these people would do if Apple becomes dominant one day.

Evo

Kevin
Baninated
May 1, 2007, 11:05 AM

When they make better tools than Photoshop and Illustrator for what I do then I will switch. I am not loyal to any company.

People bitch about MS because they have a monopoly and shoddy products. There are better alternatives than Windows.

Not so when it comes to Photoshop and the like.

I'd willingly switch to a program that was just as good or better than Photoshop but cheaper.

Forum Links
Forum Rules