Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hotmail fixed by Security Update 2005 - 005

Hotmail fixed by Security Update 2005 - 005
rambo47
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 01:05 PM

So for a while now I couldn't delete messages from my hotmail email account using any of the Macs in the house. I do keep an IBM ThinkPad around, mostly just to keep an eye on those bastards in Redmond, and I had to use that to delete most of the crap-ola that accumulates. I have the hotmail account solely for when some online site or service demands an email account (like the Epson online store, or Brookstone's, etc.) so the spam you just KNOW you're going to get from dealing with them doesn't clog up my real inbox. I want the shipping confirmation, just not the 20 or 30 "free offers" that are bound to follow. Hell, even my town's little league needs an email address for anyone signed up, and they send spam. But the worst are the catalogue retailers who sell their email lists to other scumbagmaggotmotherfsckerputapendejos. So it's hotmail for them, and once or twice a week I peruse the inbox and pick out relevant stuff from the floatam and jetsam that the spam filters let through. Who the fsck is "Rumba Peru" anyway?! Not to get off on a rant, but Safari would not delete anything, but with the latest security update everything is back as it should be. It's the little things that really make it all worth it!

Randman
Posting Junkie
May 8, 2005, 01:50 PM

What's hotmail?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Spliff
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 02:09 PM

Glad to see it's fixed, but I switched to Yahoo! mail long ago. Better, faster interface and customizable news page.

rambo47  (op)
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 06:26 PM

I agree that hotmail totally sucks. MS has sold our email addresses countless times, so periodically I forward all my junk email to [email protected] It's their mess let 'em suck on it. I have a Gmail account for serious online email, plus my mac.com address and one at optonline.net, but those are for work and family. And Macnn, of course!

fulmer
Professional Poster
May 8, 2005, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rambo47
I agree that hotmail totally sucks. MS has sold our email addresses countless times, so periodically I forward all my junk email to [email protected] It's their mess let 'em suck on it. I have a Gmail account for serious online email, plus my mac.com address and one at optonline.net, but those are for work and family. And Macnn, of course!
really? I have had a hotmail account for 4 years and have never had one piece of spam. Unbelievable, I know, but true.

But hotmail still sucks.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 11:48 PM

what really sucks about hotmail bis no pop servers. I only have an account for im.

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 02:46 AM

is this for Tiger?
iamwhor3hay

:XI:
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by MrForgetable
is this for Tiger?
My guess is no. Has there been 4 updates for Tiger already? Nope.

I haven't ran software update yet so I'm prepared to be wrong.

sminch
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2005, 04:41 AM

rambo47 - yip, for the first time since i bought my ibook i can delete my hotmail spam.

sminch

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
May 9, 2005, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by :XI:
My guess is no. Has there been 4 updates for Tiger already? Nope.

I haven't ran software update yet so I'm prepared to be wrong.
i haven't had anything in software update when i thought i should have. so i'm kind of scared.
iamwhor3hay

Forum Links
Forum Rules