Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > M$'s OS X support 4 Intellimouse Explorer

M$'s OS X support 4 Intellimouse Explorer
zac4mac
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2001, 11:18 AM

I've been sending comments and queries to their "product enhancement" site for a couple of months now, with zero results. New ploy, activated my 90 day warranty period and placed it as a trouble call.

(425)637-9308 option 0 (talk to a human) best time is early in the morning, they start at 6am MST(located in Utah)

If any of you have Expolorers and want OS X support, call these guys and let's make some noise. I told 'em I can't/won't buy OfficeX until I can fully use my mouse.

I'm ready for X but refuse to use a single button mouse or even my Explorer until I can use all the buttons.

Zack

zac4mac  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2001, 02:16 PM

Update...

Just got off the phone with an engineer at the MacBU in Redmond - OS X drivers for the intellimice will be out next week!!!

ABFT

Z

DyslexicCow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2001, 12:30 AM

DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

That is great! I can finally get rid of this annoying Kensington optical..I can't stand how it feels!

Dyslexic Cows go OOOM!

Macola
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2001, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by DyslexicCow:
<STRONG>DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

That is great! I can finally get rid of this annoying Kensington optical..I can't stand how it feels! </STRONG>
Ditto here...I was almost considering dumping my Intellimice and buying the Kensington trackballs, except I didn't know they had an optical trackball. Let's hope next week really means next week, and is not Microsoftese, as in next century.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Macola ]
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Dec 11, 2001, 12:42 AM

So the driver is supposed to come ou this week??
-A
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

motti
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2001, 06:22 AM

Still no news at versiontracker or the Microsoft site...
That would mean one less reason to stay in 9, still 95 to go...
AppleWatch - System Requirements: Female or male wrist | Left or right hand version | Ability to have a good time

<Alexis>
Dec 14, 2001, 03:36 PM

Too bad... I really must stop reading all of these posts. Been banging my head against the wall waiting for the OSX 10.1.2 and Intellimouse update this week.

PMG4DP
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2001, 01:14 AM

well unless they are coming out tomorrow, then microsoft sucks. I don't see why it's so hard to write drivers. Kensington did them just fine.
"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt." --GWB

zac4mac  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2001, 12:42 PM

Didn't get a chance to call Friday.
I'll try again Monday. Frustrating... another hour on "hold" listening to insipid phone muzak.
Hope the guy isn't on vacation already.

<Alexis>
Dec 19, 2001, 01:04 PM

Looks like they have pushed it back... email below

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for choosing Web Response for your Microsoft Technical Support offering. My name is Charley and I will be assisting you with this case.

In your case, you've indicated that you would like to know if and when the Intellimouse will be supported in Mac OS X. Microsoft will be releasing a Mac OS X Intellipoint driver at the end of December. Please continue to check our web site for the release.
&lt;http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp&gt;
I hope this helps! I'm pretty sure I've answered your questions, so I am archiving this case as closed resolved; however, if you need further assistance with this issue, please feel free to create a supplement to the issue, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you,

Charley
Microsoft Technical Support
Consumer Services http://support.microsoft.com/support

PMG4DP
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 19, 2001, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by &lt;Alexis&gt;:
<STRONG>Looks like they have pushed it back... email below

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for choosing Web Response for your Microsoft Technical Support offering. My name is Charley and I will be assisting you with this case.

In your case, you've indicated that you would like to know if and when the Intellimouse will be supported in Mac OS X. Microsoft will be releasing a Mac OS X Intellipoint driver at the end of December. Please continue to check our web site for the release.
&lt;http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp&gt;
I hope this helps! I'm pretty sure I've answered your questions, so I am archiving this case as closed resolved; however, if you need further assistance with this issue, please feel free to create a supplement to the issue, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you,

Charley
Microsoft Technical Support
Consumer Services http://support.microsoft.com/support</STRONG>
Probably is waiting for apple to release 10.1.2
"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt." --GWB

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2001, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by PMG4DP:
<STRONG>

Probably is waiting for apple to release 10.1.2</STRONG>
And here it is.. maybe it'll be out tomorrow then, or next week. What a lovely Christmas gift...
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Forum Links
Forum Rules