Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't drag in Carbon apps!?

Can't drag in Carbon apps!?
MusicMan
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2002, 12:32 AM

Hey, something's happened to my 10.2 installation where I can't drag items in the Finder anymore. In fact, it looks like drag-and-drop is broken in all Carbon apps. Has anyone else had this problem?

Please help 'cuz I need to drag files into Interarchy, and manual FTP upload sucks.

Daniel
( Last edited by MusicMan; Sep 12, 2002 at 01:03 AM. )
The branches of the Great Tree grow without end, yet the Maker knows them all. -D'ni Proverb

http://www.danielbergey.com/

gthyb
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2002, 01:33 AM

are you refering to dragging and dropping text? because that is something that is really pissing me off, and i thought jag would fix. os9 used to let you drag any text to any text field. now you have to put the mouse on some exact location on a letter to even drag it (which takes forever), and good luck finding a text field that will have it.

its a very unpredicible thing, but it looks like cocoa apps are the culprit.

-ryan

MusicMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2002, 02:02 AM

No, but stupid text dragging behavior makes me mad too.

I was referring to the fact that all my Finder icons wouldn't drag. Neither would icons or text in Carbon apps. And a Finder relaunch didn't fix it, nor did a login/out or a reboot. But now after the second reboot, it's back. Weird. Sometimes some of my icons would disappear, too. Maybe it's all the beta software I use.

Living on the edge...

P.S. We should bug Apple about that Cocoa text behavior, cuz it is SO irritating. Yeah.
The branches of the Great Tree grow without end, yet the Maker knows them all. -D'ni Proverb

http://www.danielbergey.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules