Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ?

Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ? (Page 2)
johnnydr87
Jun 29, 2004, 03:21 PM

i emailed apple and asked if i could change my order without losing my queue position...

they did...

my order says on or before 7/30 still

kcourt
Jun 30, 2004, 10:44 PM

I ordered my 2.5 from MacConnection and the sales person told me that Apple was to deliver them the first week of July. They had moved up the date by a week.

We will see.

Kathy

johnnydr87
Jun 30, 2004, 11:02 PM

i would be so happy if that were true.....

you don't even understand...

just thinking about it makes me excited

I'm not going to be home on 7/13-7/24 so I have to call Fedex to keep the package for pick up (if they allow that) if they arrive during that time....

My first mac! yayy.....

still using my windoze pc right now....

so many things have broken on my windows pc: sound doesn't work, programs have suspiciously ****ed up.... and i don't have the patience to reinstall xp like i have the past 2 times this type of crap started happening (programs screwing up, computer slowing down, etc etc)

I DONT HAVE SOUND FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD

edit: sorry if my babbling was incoherent....i'm beginning to speak "shorthand" the longer I spend on forums.......
I'M GETTING MY G5 MONDAY..... I CAN FEEL IT...OK I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT, BUT I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?

konakazi
Jul 1, 2004, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by kcourt:
I ordered my 2.5 from MacConnection and the sales person told me that Apple was to deliver them the first week of July. They had moved up the date by a week.

We will see.

Kathy
Ah! Such teases.

I called MacConnection last week and they said they had no info. I'll have to call again tomorrow to see if I get the same shpiel!

:: crossing fingers ::

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 12:56 AM

Ordered it 6/28

Estimated to arrive on or before Aug 31... due to the GeForce 6800 option.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2004, 01:09 AM

Christmas in July?! No, just waiting around for another Apple product to ship! Time to play Carly Simon's 'Anticipation' on the 'ole iPod! Hang in there! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2004, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by johnnydr87:
you don't even understand...
Oh, I understand.
Even if they ship real soon, we all know that they will ship the education orders first. Hopefull that won't slow down non-educational orders too much though...

konakazi
Jul 1, 2004, 11:40 AM

I just called MacConnection and they still have no date for expected shipping. They're very sweet on the phone... but I want my machine!

GAH!

johnnydr87
Jul 1, 2004, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by gururafiki:
Oh, I understand.
Even if they ship real soon, we all know that they will ship the education orders first. Hopefull that won't slow down non-educational orders too much though...

hmm...i made order with the educational discount
( Last edited by johnnydr87; Jul 1, 2004 at 04:22 PM. )
I'M GETTING MY G5 MONDAY..... I CAN FEEL IT...OK I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT, BUT I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2004, 03:23 PM

as did I

cal6n
Jul 1, 2004, 05:46 PM

Me too!
G5LC, 6 GB 1.07 TB 6800 GT & 30" (Workhorse)
1.4 GHz Cube 512 MB 60 GB (headless folding)
15" 1.67 GHz Ali G4 PB, 1.5 GB 100 GB (VJ rig 1 & Uni)
15" 1 GHz Ali G4 PB, 1.5 GB 60 GB (VJ rig 2)
G4 800 MHz Ti PB, 512 MB 60 GB (Lounge)

FlammableYurt
Jul 1, 2004, 06:51 PM

So... Educational orders DO ship first? That would be awesome. So... Does that mean that my DP 2.5 with the GeForce 6800 might get to me before August 24th? I really, really hope so, because if it doesn't then my parents will have to ship it down to me and it'll cause a host of other sorts of problems... (Problems that I decided were worth it, though).

And when I changed my order my position in the queue seems to have changed... At least, the ship date moved from on or before 7/30 to 8/31
I've been so many places, I've seen so many faces, and these blue, green, and purple HILLS

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by UnixMac:
Ordered it 6/28

Estimated to arrive on or before Aug 31... due to the GeForce 6800 option.
UnixMac, I had originally ordered well before you, but after I changed mine to the 6800 my order date was exactly like yours 8/30 or 8/31 (can't remember). After having read of several 6800s orders that are slated for 7/30, I called Apple a THIRD time to check about my late Aug ship date. I was told this:

1. They are not expecting the 6800 card until August.

2. To have a 7/30 ship date with the 6800 then they would have to get the card as soon as 7/15/04 to build them.

3. They are not expecting the card in the next 2 weeks (in order for that to happen).

4. My 8/30 ship date seems to the order center as most in line with the facts of component schedules and assembly.

5. They even speculated that your orders showing 7/30 even with the 6800 had not yet been "updated" (that's the word he used) and that when they were the ship date would change.

I was beginning to think I was the only one, but UnixMac's ship date makes me think that my order isn't messed up, and that 8/31 will be the actual ship date for most of these 6800 orders.

johnnydr87
Jul 1, 2004, 07:37 PM

... :-( don't bring my hopes down....

perhaps....perhaps because i'm a switcher...yes?....and perhaps because i'm in school and i get the educational discount....and..perhaps because I ordered 6/13......and.perhaps because I emailed them asking if it were possible to keep my queue and change my video card order (all i did was ask them if it were possible, but they changed it anyways...see the other powermac shipping thread where i posted the email)....and perhaps because..i'm special and doggonit, people like me??

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2004, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by johnnydr87:
... :-( don't bring my hopes down....

perhaps....perhaps because i'm a switcher...yes?....and perhaps because i'm in school and i get the educational discount....and..perhaps because I ordered 6/13......and.perhaps because I emailed them asking if it were possible to keep my queue and change my video card order (all i did was ask them if it were possible, but they changed it anyways...see the other powermac shipping thread where i posted the email)....and perhaps because..i'm special and doggonit, people like me??

I don't mean to bring your hopes down, but if you totally think it's going to ship 7/30 and it doesn't then you will be really, really bummed. This way you're only slightly bummed if your date gets changed. I actually ordered a dual 2.0 last year and cancelled my order because I believed the original ship date, and then they changed it on me twice pushing it back a month each time. I finally cancelled the whole order and thought I'd wait until Jan '04. Little did I know there would be no updates until June '04! (By the way my original order was June 11th, so I was in line a few days before you! That can't be the reason yours shows 7/30.) On the other hand, you ARE special and people like you!

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 12:45 AM

Qwerty2,

for sure it's "on or before Aug 31" I too called them and double checked, because I recall when I first ordered it (and my call back was to change from 20" to 23" display), the guy reminded me that it would be delayed due to the GeForce 6800... well worth the wait if you ask me.

So when we all get our new rigs, we can hook'em up and get online all at once!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
Apple user since 1981

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 07:25 AM

Has anyone order it from somewhere other than the Apple Store (online)? I just purchased one from Outpost.com where I purchased my last Mac (G4/400/Sawtooth) because when I went to actually submit the order on the Apple Store, the tax came out to $200~. I immediately canceled it and went to Outpost where I used that extra $200 to buy memory. The only problems with re-sellers is that they do not offer a Bluetooth option other than the D-Link and the Airport Extreme Card will be shipped to me rather than installed in-house. It's no big deal though, gives me an excuse to go poking around inside. I have no idea what the delivery date might be, the unit is listed as "back ordered" on the site's tracking info page.

I wouldn't imagine that I'd get it to much later than you people who bought direct from Apple, besides which, re-sellers offer free **** like printers and memory.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2004, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by dark3lf:
Has anyone order it from somewhere other than the Apple Store (online)? I just purchased one from Outpost.com where I purchased my last Mac (G4/400/Sawtooth) because when I went to actually submit the order on the Apple Store, the tax came out to $200~. I immediately canceled it and went to Outpost where I used that extra $200 to buy memory. The only problems with re-sellers is that they do not offer a Bluetooth option other than the D-Link and the Airport Extreme Card will be shipped to me rather than installed in-house. It's no big deal though, gives me an excuse to go poking around inside. I have no idea what the delivery date might be, the unit is listed as "back ordered" on the site's tracking info page.

I wouldn't imagine that I'd get it to much later than you people who bought direct from Apple, besides which, re-sellers offer free **** like printers and memory.
Good call, I do the same when I buy my watches..... I paid about $420 in tax on my order, the problem was that to get the education discount I had to go with the Apple Store. Plus, I got a $100 rebate on the HP 7660 which sold for a mere $129, therefore it only cost me $29... so it really washed out.

Anyone getting the apple care??
Apple user since 1981

kcourt
Jul 3, 2004, 02:01 PM

I ordered mine from macConnection - no tax, no shipping charges.

I bought my last system (G4) from them and had wonderful service. Have been using them on a consistent basis for most of my printer toners and other supplies.

Kathy

Xterratop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2004, 03:39 PM

I ordered my Dual 2.0ghz G5 on June 21st and got it on June 26th. I did a bto through Apple using my education discount. I also had it shipped overnight delivery. It was put on the plane on Friday, June 25th just in time for the Saturday, June 26th delivery via FedEx. I was very happy that my order didn't take long. I did upgrade to the 128mb graphics card so that might have helped since the basic 64mb card was in short in stock. Thats why people are waiting so long for their non-bto stock G5's. Now I'm waiting for my new 20" Apple display which should be here by July 26th. Can't wait to make my set up complete.

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2004, 04:42 PM

I've got mine on order at Amazon.com, Outpost.com, and MacConnection. The first one to ship gets the privilege of being paid in full. The other two will be cancelled. Unless of course they all three ship at the same time, then I might just have to keep them all! Then it would be Christmas in July!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2004, 06:29 AM

Qwerty2,

for sure it's "on or before Aug 31" I too called them and double checked, because I recall when I first ordered it (and my call back was to change from 20" to 23" display), the guy reminded me that it would be delayed due to the GeForce 6800... well worth the wait if you ask me.

So when we all get our new rigs, we can hook'em up and get online all at once!
Thanks so much for that info, UnixMac. I agree that the Ultra is well worth the wait. The more I read on that card the more amazed and excited I am. Congrats on the 23 inch display, BTW. That is such a nice monitor. I've seen Warcraft 3 played at a high resolution on that expansive monitor and it totally blew my eyebrows off. Now I have to draw my eyebrows on with a marker every day, which kinda sucks.

Anyway, every day I try to think of other things besides the Power Mac, and some are more helpful than others. Movies are a good diversion.

konakazi
Jul 6, 2004, 08:18 AM

Any updates or rumors on estimated shipping???

June 22nd seems so long ago now... haha.

My beige G3 is mocking me as I check my MacConnection order... sigh.

konakazi
Jul 6, 2004, 12:00 PM

Sorry for the double post but I just got an update.

I spoke with a rep at MacConnection and she said that they will be receiving the machines at the end of the month probably on July 30th and if they ship the same day I could receive it by August 3rd.

Well I was hoping to have it THIS month, but what can you do?

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2004, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by konakazi:
Sorry for the double post but I just got an update.

I spoke with a rep at MacConnection and she said that they will be receiving the machines at the end of the month probably on July 30th and if they ship the same day I could receive it by August 3rd.

Well I was hoping to have it THIS month, but what can you do?
which machine is this? 2.5? And what Graphics card?
Apple user since 1981

konakazi
Jul 6, 2004, 01:29 PM

Hey there,

This is for:

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 512 160 SD R9600XT PCI-X 56K GigEnet

Ordered June 22.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2004, 01:41 PM

Hey there,

This is for:

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 512 160 SD R9600XT PCI-X 56K GigEnet

Ordered June 22.
Thanks.. suppose the 6800 is still going to set me back another month.
Apple user since 1981

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2004, 03:19 PM

Thanks.. suppose the 6800 is still going to set me back another month.
August is going to be one long, hot month, but patience, Grasshopper!

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2004, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by qwerty2:
August is going to be one long, hot month, but patience, Grasshopper!
Especially here in Phoenix!
Apple user since 1981

johnnydr87
Jul 6, 2004, 09:09 PM

@#$%. @#$%, @#$%, @#$%itty, !@#$ !@@$

neophilia
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2004, 06:45 PM

I ordered a totally stock 2.5 from CDW on June 15th. They've been telling me since the start (just checked with them 5 minutes ago) to expect it around July 15th. And according to them, I was 26th in line for one in their system.

I'm having trouble believing that date, but, well, fingers crossed.
-n

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 09:25 AM

ahh, not bad, I was wondering when stock machines would ship... I actually was going to change mine to stock to get it quicker then they threw the 6800 out there so I had to get that

ThinkingDog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 11:19 AM

I understand that the 2.5 machines are ready to go. The holdup is that they need a version of new version of os X (10.3.5) to run. 10.3.5 is slated for a fall release but the new machines will have a "pre" version of it installed.

Commodus
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2004, 12:08 PM

I ordered a dual 2.5 with a GeForce 6800 (all other components are stock) from Apple Canada's higher-ed store. My on-or-before date is August 31st, but I'm hoping that being a student customer will let it ship a bit early.

One nice touch: I'm apparently the first person at the University of Ottawa to order a dual 2.5... though hopefully not the last.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

redeye78
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 01:12 PM

10.3.5 was released to developers yesterday (7/8). So the 2.5s must be comming soon!!

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/...08234845.shtml

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by neophilia:
...expect it around July 15th....I'm having trouble believing that date, but, well, fingers crossed.
-n
Well, that sounds good. I also am taking the general shipping date of "July" with a grain of salt, but I'm thinking that perhaps IBM has got a handle on the 90 nm process now and that the 2.5 is going OK. I don't have any inside knowledge about that, but I just am hoping that Apple is not quoting something entirely unrealistic. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I remember when I ordered a B&W PMG3 that it took FOREVER to get -- at least a couple of months. I had just switched from Dell and was used to getting a machine in about a week from them. What I find almost impossible to believe is that any 2.5s will ship with 6800 Ultras by 7/31, but anything is possible. I'm thinking middle of August for that, but it's just a hunch.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2004, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by ThinkingDog:
I understand that the 2.5 machines are ready to go. The holdup is that they need a version of new version of os X (10.3.5) to run. 10.3.5 is slated for a fall release but the new machines will have a "pre" version of it installed.
New machines having a pre-release of the MacOS system is not new. There have been other Macs that have shipped with pre-release versions of the MacOS.

Besides, who says there is a holdup. Steve said the G5 2.5's would ship in July. It's not the end of July yet. Stock machines could ship next week or the week after. Who knows.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2004, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by qwerty2:
What I find almost impossible to believe is that any 2.5s will ship with 6800 Ultras by 7/31, but anything is possible. I'm thinking middle of August for that, but it's just a hunch.
From what I've read in this forum, I think you're right. Any machine with a Geforce 6800 Ultra is not going to ship before mid-August.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

dar2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 06:11 PM

I ordered a stock G5 Dual 2.5GHz from MacMall with my NAPP disount. I'm saving $150 off retail, plus no sales tax... My account rep says the estimated ship date is July 15, but I don't believe her. Still...you never know!

UPDATE:
I got a letter from MacMall today (Monday, July 12) and it says my computer is expeted on July 16! I still don't believe them.... I'll believe it when it gets here!
( Last edited by dar2; Jul 13, 2004 at 12:42 AM. )

Ramza
Jul 9, 2004, 06:37 PM

Hmm.. anyone order a stock 2.5 from Apple and have a July 15th ship date?
I WANT CHICKEN I WANT
LIVER MEOW MIX MEOW MIX
PLZ DELIVER

Mac_Jedi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 10, 2004, 06:41 AM

So I had ordered my 2.5 (no modem, added Airport extreme) with the old 23" screen for the rebate only a few days before it expired. Apple swapped out the old screen with the new 23" when they announced them.

I was upset so I called them and guess what?

They're honoring my rebate on the new screen

oh yeah, and july 30th is my ship date, ordered through Corporate sales.
-Jedi

konakazi
Jul 10, 2004, 08:12 PM

July 30th seems to be the date then, since MacConnection has also told me that is when they will be receiving the 2.5 machines and that they could ship out the same day.

Exciting! Still July, if only barely.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2004, 10:03 PM

someone claims to have had a dual 2.5 and sold it:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=79028
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

konakazi
Jul 11, 2004, 12:36 AM

Yeah I also sold a copy of the next Star Wars movie I had lying around, as well as the results of the November election!

qwerty2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 03:59 AM

Yeah I also sold a copy of the next Star Wars movie I had lying around, as well as the results of the November election!
Yeah, I don't believe it either. No proof, anonymous post = no reason to believe. It's really a pretty ridiculous post. Reminds me of years ago when we used to tell Freshmen that there was a secret swimming pool on the roof of the high school. It was fun to see the reaction of kids who were that gullible and wanted to know how to get up there. I'm sure it could be possible for "Mr. 2.5 Seller" to work for Apple or be otherwise connected, but the only Power Mac I care about is my own.

neophilia
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2004, 01:07 PM

Just when I was starting to get hopeful.. Applestore.com shows a 4-6 weeks delivery time on STOCK dual 2.5 G5s. A few days ago it said 'July' but this pushes things out to mid-August.

-n

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2004, 01:50 PM

wow neo, I still show 7/30 for my dual 2.5 with 6800 they much be getting a ton of orders

JCT
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2004, 02:41 PM

I'm on a waiting list to pick one up at a retail Apple Store and they seem to think they will get them in next week.

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2004, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by neophilia:
Just when I was starting to get hopeful.. Applestore.com shows a 4-6 weeks delivery time on STOCK dual 2.5 G5s. A few days ago it said 'July' but this pushes things out to mid-August.
-n
that could very well apply only to new orders - existing orders are probably higher in the queue and should get them sooner. i am hoping that is the case anyway!
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

bob_hearn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
that could very well apply only to new orders - existing orders are probably higher in the queue and should get them sooner. i am hoping that is the case anyway!
I ordered mine 2 days ago (educatoinal, through apple.ca), and my ship date is on or before 7/30.

Forum Links
Forum Rules