Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > imac G4 shipment from MacMall?

imac G4 shipment from MacMall?
murthys
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2002, 12:11 AM

Anyone received their imac G4 from the MacMall? I ordered mine on Jan 19th and still backordered.

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 14, 2002, 12:58 AM

Ordered mine from MacMall (1/11/02) and still waiting. Each time I have called I get a different story. I don't think anyone has a real clue. Last info I was given was shipment was to arrive on (2/15/02). I will believe it when the FedEx delivery truck arrives at my door. Patience is a virtue. Yeah right!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2002, 05:30 AM

I was at MacMall today and they had shipped out their last shipment of 7 iMacs. When I asked if they had any in stock or if they had a waiting list they said "Yes, we currently have 2500 people on our waiting list, would you like to join?" I thought they were joking then they pulled the printout out of the box......Well atleast they are selling!

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

russkle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2002, 09:50 AM

I'm with you there... I ordered on the 12th and still get the glaring "BACKORDERED" on my status page. I finally got someone to tell me that they have only recieved a few in so far and it could take awhile to get them in bulk enough to fulfill all orders.

Got my letter in the mail stating that they hope to get them the 15th and will have my order fulfilled within a month. Its worth it as we get the extra memory, cheapo printer, and don't have to pay tax. Besides it is for my birthday which isn't until March.
Russell Stuever
[email protected]

Armando
Feb 14, 2002, 02:49 PM

I'm getting my new LCD iMac today! yahoooo! UPS is delivering my iMac today. I ordered on Jan 18th, right after the "longer wait" announcement (iMac hopefuls face longer waits.). Ordered my iMac from JanR.com. I just figured that everybody would be ordering from the Applestore and MacMall (because of the free memory), so I went with JanR and it paid off. Plus I got the free 256MB upgrade from JandR.

I must be one of the first ones getting an iMac from one of the resellers?

Can't wait to get home tonight and play!

-Armando

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]

murthys  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2002, 11:34 PM

You lucky dog! Least you can do now is to post some comments on your experience.

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2002, 12:46 AM

I ordered my iMac from MacMall on Feb. 2nd. When I placed my order I asked when I should receive the computer and I was told between Feb. 15th to 22nd. They were really quick to send out my free printer and Apple Care Plan (received them 2 days after I ordered) and now I hope my computer ships when they said it would. I wasn't happy about them sending the Care Plan and printer before they shipped the computer and hopefully they weren't just telling me what I wanted to hear when I ordered.

I guess I'll find out in the next week......
If I knew everything I wouldn't be here...

Armando
Feb 15, 2002, 02:56 AM

Got to play with my new iMac tonight! Wow, I have never been so excited in opening a computer box. This machine is absolutely awesome, how did Mr. Jobs put it?, "truly a marble." The wait is worth it guys. Below are some pictures of tonight.

iMac G4 say hello to my SGI 1600SW Flatpanel - Athlon XP PC:
http://homepage.mac.com/armando_sant...otoAlbum3.html

I love my SGI widescreen flatpanel but the iMac LCD looks brighter but not sharper.

Cheers,

-Armando

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]

omarv
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2002, 11:46 PM

Any news about shipment from macwarehouse?

I Have Questions
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2002, 02:51 AM

Originally posted by Armando:
<STRONG>Got to play with my new iMac tonight! Wow, I have never been so excited in opening a computer box. This machine is absolutely awesome, how did Mr. Jobs put it?, "truly a marble." [ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]</STRONG>

I'm pretty sure he didn't call it a marble

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2002, 01:48 PM

I called MacMall Friday night after reading that people that ordered before me are getting letters in the mail saying that MacMall hopes to ship their computers within 30 days. They are now telling me that I should receive my computer in two weeks (was originally told that I would receive it between Feb. 15th to 22nd) since I ordered on Feb. 2nd. Their reason for this answer is because they haven't received their "bulk" order yet.
If I knew everything I wouldn't be here...

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2002, 05:03 PM

I was told that the "bulk" order was 6000 units! If that is true, then you will be waiting a long time to fill that order. I finally gave up on them. Cancelled my order. I was lucky enough to find one available on eBay for only $50 more than I would have paid originally. Sure I don't get the free 256MB Ram or printer, but at least I won't have to wait until the July MacWorld expo for it to get here. And yes, many of the eBay iMacs are presale scams. This seller had 3 units in stock with 400+ positive feedback. If you do the research and check feedback, then you can find a good deal. Good luck with your order. My USPS tracking puts my new iMac here on (2/19). I can't wait to put it through the paces.
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

Armando
Feb 17, 2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by I Have Questions:
<STRONG>

I'm pretty sure he didn't call it a marble
</STRONG>
opps, maybe he said "marvel"(?) - remember the keynote?
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2002/01/mwsf/

Go to 1:34:00 on the keynote:
[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf02/

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Armando ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules