Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > a glimmer of hope for you late order(ers)

a glimmer of hope for you late order(ers)
swiz
GUI Punk
Feb 15, 2002, 12:33 PM

I ordered mine (stock config) on Jan. 23
I just finished setting it up as it came this morning.
All is perfect, no complaints. It is very very cool.
Good luck with your orders.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

zythemac
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2002, 12:47 PM

Where did you order your's from? Thanks.

zythemac
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2002, 09:05 PM

Got a letter from MacMall today. Said my order will hopefully be filled within the next 30 days. 30 days! I ordered it 3 and a half weeks ago. Oh well. They said I could cancel the order if I wanted to, but I'll stick with it for the free RAM and no tax. My boss on the other hand ordered from a small place 10 days ago and his arrived in the store today. They're sending it over on Tuesday after the holiday. MacMall obviously isn't getting nearly enough units from Apple considering how many orders they have to fill.

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2002, 01:31 AM

I too ordered from MacMall on (1/11/02) and received the same letter at the end of last week. I phoned in a couple times to check when they expected shipment. I never got the same answer from anyone. I finally gave up on them. I went the eBay route and ended up paying only $50 more than I would have by sticking with my original order. I can't complain. People can complain about eBay. But if you take the time good deals can be found. I have seen several new iMacs going for around $2200. You've got to love the law of supply and demand!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Feb 18, 2002, 04:47 PM

I ordered from the Apple Store. It arrived on Friday. Im on it now, it is soo cool. No dead pixels or any other issues. It is the perfect consumer fantasy for me.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Rickster
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2002, 03:47 AM

Ordered on Jan 14 through the Developer program, with "512 MB RAM - 1 slot" option. Web page said "2-4 weeks", though when I talk to the Store people on the phone they insist the "quoted lead time" for that date was 3-5 weeks. In any case, today marks five weeks, and the only new iMac I'm seeing is the one on display at The Computer Store. Sigh.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

mpic
Feb 19, 2002, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by Rickster:
<STRONG>Ordered on Jan 14 through the Developer program, with "512 MB RAM - 1 slot" option. Web page said "2-4 weeks", though when I talk to the Store people on the phone they insist the "quoted lead time" for that date was 3-5 weeks. In any case, today marks five weeks, and the only new iMac I'm seeing is the one on display at The Computer Store. Sigh.</STRONG>
I ordered an iMac on jan.18th and I haven't got it yet either. I checked the order status page and it said building a couple of times, i think its stuck. Did anyone get the 700Mhz combo drive iMac yet? I am so anxious. This will be my first mac, I'm converting from wintel.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]iMac G5 1.6GHz 768MB ram Dual Monitors
Powerbook Lombard 333Mhz[/FONT]

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2002, 01:19 PM

This will be my first mac, I'm converting from wintel
Welcome to the Mac and congrats for making the right decision.

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2002, 04:49 PM

Arrived today via USPS as promised. This seller was located in California. Must have been next door to the Cupertino mothership! I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time to find a new iMac. With easter being early this year, I suppose this might be comparable to an easter egg hunt courtesy of Apple. Let the fun begin!
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

Don C - iMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2002, 09:37 PM

I had good luck (I emphasize luck) with J and R Music (JANDR.com).

I ordered on a Sunday 2-10 via their web site and got the Superdrive iMac on Wed 2-13. I paid list price but got free shipping.

My guess is they are not an obvious source for iMacs and probably had a small waiting list.

I love the iMac (my first Mac).

regards, Don

Satan's Little Helper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2002, 10:10 PM

After reading the posts about MacMall and getting the bulk order excuse, I decided to cancell my MacMall order and purchase from JandR, so I'm glad to read the post. I placed an order with them yesterday for an iMac and an iPod and since I have had good luck with purchases from them in the past I figured I would give them a shot. As always they were friendly on the phone and I feel I was getting honest answers from them. I was told that they are expecting another shipment next week, so hopefully I will be posting with my new iMac soon.
If I knew everything I wouldn't be here...

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2002, 11:05 PM

My brother is waiting for his 700 combo imac anxiously, though it's his first mac.. it isn't his first apple.

(his first apple, and only one since was the apple 3 he got waaaaay back in the early 80's when he was 9.)

I can't wait myself, just to see the cutie!!!.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules