Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > imac in stock - same day shipping

imac in stock - same day shipping
charliebrown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 06:07 PM

Outpost is showing imac 800 G4 in stock. Website says same day shipping.

Got my tracking number. She's on the way.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: charliebrown ]
No Really, I use a Mac.

walrusjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2002, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the tip - just tried it - waiting to see if it's actually going out today or tomorrow, or if they're already gone. If they're shipping, I'm cancelling w/ Apple... If not, I'm already in queue with Apple. Can't hurt either way...

**edit**
Got it. Good man, Chuck. One of my buddies in town grabbed his, too - had been waiting for his BTO from Apple since 10th of January - convinced him to jump on it and let me add in his memory instead of waiting for who knows how many more weeks.

THANKS AGAIN. You **Rock**

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: walrusjb ]
http://www.KeynotePro.com - Keynote Themes for Professionals

Theresa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 09:12 PM

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. I've been waiting since Jan. 19 for the Apple store to come through, and was told today by their rep that there's been a "manufacturing delay" and it "might" ship in another 5 days. Hm-m-m-m.

Just ordered from Outpost - says shipping "same day". I bought from them many times before and found them to be an excellent company, happy to give them the business.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

p.s. I had already listed my G3 450 on e-bay, and it's coming to the end of the auction, so I was under the gun a bit - all the more reason to be happy about finding it on Outpost.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2002, 09:59 PM

just ordered one too...its in process..i also think outpost.com rocks. i have gotten two other macs from them and an ipod..i will really jump for joy when they confirm my order
iMac G4 800mhz 768 ram OS X (10.1.5) & iPod 5gb

fulmer
Professional Poster
Feb 25, 2002, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by walrusjb:
<STRONG> I'm cancelling w/ Apple... If not, I'm already in queue with Apple. Can't hurt either way...

</STRONG>
just be careful--Apple is a stickler about canceling orders. It can be done, and I've done it on a couple occasions.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2002, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by fulmer:
<STRONG>

just be careful--Apple is a stickler about canceling orders. It can be done, and I've done it on a couple occasions.</STRONG>
I just called apple and cancelled my order and the lady didnt even ask me way, checked the order status and it is cancelled.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2002, 10:34 PM

Same here. Apple was willing to cancel my order without a reason. However, I didn't cancel the order, and I'm enjoying both of my 800-megahertz iMacs. I've had them for about a month now.

Outpost.com sucks now. I used to buy from them all the time! Now that Fry's Electronics took over, I am finding other places to shop. Fry's Electronics is the worst electronics store in the nation; they are racist Indians who lie about their products to make a sale. Their extended warranties are a bunch of bull, too. The sales representative tries to tell you that your machine will be fixed even if there is physical damage even though the policy clearly states that physical damage is not covered.

macthelastredman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2002, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>Same here. Apple was willing to cancel my order without a reason. However, I didn't cancel the order, and I'm enjoying both of my 800-megahertz iMacs. I've had them for about a month now.

Outpost.com sucks now. I used to buy from them all the time! Now that Fry's Electronics took over, I am finding other places to shop. Fry's Electronics is the worst electronics store in the nation; they are racist Indians who lie about their products to make a sale. Their extended warranties are a bunch of bull, too. The sales representative tries to tell you that your machine will be fixed even if there is physical damage even though the policy clearly states that physical damage is not covered.</STRONG>
I havent had any problems with outpost, i have heard alot of people say they like outpost...sorry you had a bad experience with them though. all i know is that i have an imac coming and its better then waiting for apple.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2002, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>Same here. Apple was willing to cancel my order without a reason. However, I didn't cancel the order, and I'm enjoying both of my 800-megahertz iMacs. I've had them for about a month now.
</STRONG>
Just curious; are you personal friends with Steve Jobs? The iMacs have only been shipping for the last two weeks, and even now quantities are severely limited. We've had 40 on order, and received 5! Perhaps you could give us a contact, since you've had yours "for about a month now".
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

mathew_m
Senior User
Feb 26, 2002, 12:24 AM

I'm enjoying both of my 800-megahertz iMacs. I've had them for about a month now.
What the hell do you need two new iMacs for? You, my friend are a spoiled brat. Yes, I do not even know you, but I've read enough of your posts to realize this fact. Lemme' guess you have two dual gigz too. Your self serving philosophy must be: "Two for me one for you".

racist Indians
and what the hell is this supposed to mean?

hmmm....

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: mathew_m ]

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: mathew_m ]

Theresa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2002, 07:57 AM

This morning I just got tracking numbers from the Apple store (after they told me yesterday that it "might" ship in 5 business days), and from Outpost (whom I ordered from last night). Wouldn't you know it. I'm considering accepting both and just selling one. Does anyone know if the Apple warranty would still be good for the person who buys it from me? Any advice here?

imacaholic
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2002, 01:08 PM

Yes, the Apple warranty should be fully transferable. Just make sure to include all proper paperwork and receipts when selling it to someone else.
Fold! It does a body good!™
173.82 GHz Tower of Folding Power
9th Ranked Folder in the World

Forum Links
Forum Rules