Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Program Won't Open

Program Won't Open
Phil333
Forum Regular
Jun 9, 2006, 03:52 PM

I just downloaded skype for the first time from their website. I draw the program to my apps folder like I've done a million times. I open skype, the icon bounces on the dock a few times then disappears. I tried restarting and I tried redownload/reinstall. No error message or anything. What's going on?

Thanks

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jun 9, 2006, 04:49 PM

By some chance, have you just installed a system software update and haven't restarted yet? That's the only situation I know of that regularly causes this symptom.

Barring that, check the system and console log files to see if they contain any clues.

tooki

Phil333  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 9, 2006, 05:36 PM

I spotlighted skype and no log files are popping up. And I have restarted so that shouldn't be the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules