Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail: Sent mail?

Mail: Sent mail?
Phil333
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2006, 09:14 AM

Hey guys. I've been using Mail for two years now, no problems. Now, all of a sudden, when I send an e-mail, it's not going to my Sent items folder. I sent one last night, not there. Then I just tested one by sending it to myself, and it's not there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2006, 07:58 PM

What kind of account do you have? POP, IMAP, other? Did you check out the Mailbox Behavior settings under Accounts in the Preferences?
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

Phil333  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2006, 09:02 AM

Thanks. Simple solution. It's an IMAP account and somehow the store messages on server check box got turned on. What sucks is that when I turned it off again it deleted all my sent messages on my computer. But oh well.

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2006, 03:38 PM

If you select your Sent folder, go to the Mailbox menu and select "Use this Mailbox for -> Sent", and leave the setting "Store sent messages on the server" on, Mail should correctly handle your sent messages (they will be stored on the server but will appear in your Sent folder).
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

Forum Links
Forum Rules