Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Videos on a Nano (1G)

Videos on a Nano (1G)
nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2006, 03:13 PM

My son got a 4GB 1st gen. Nano and wants to see if it's possible to put videos on it. We saw many Linux things that would be too much trouble to download, so does anyone know of any Macintosh download to watch videos on a Nano? BTW, he doesn't care about the quality and such, just wants to experiment and see if it works. Thanks!

iWantaMacBook
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2006, 03:56 PM

I dont think there is any way to put videos on a nano...its not compatible with videos. I dont even think theres an uber hacker out there that could fix that.

badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2006, 04:16 PM

you would need to change a video into animated gif. I'm thinking Ulead Gif Animator for Win.

webmonkie
Oct 15, 2006, 05:46 PM

This is a good question. I'm not sure but do the iPod's play flash? if they do then just convert your movie in to a flash file using Flash MX 2004 or 8

badsey
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2006, 09:37 PM

YouTube - iPod Nano with iPod Linux

iPod linux and others will also play video on your Nano. But remember the Nano battery is small.

Forum Links
Forum Rules