Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > **Before You Agree To A Trade With Illegaloperation**

**Before You Agree To A Trade With Illegaloperation**
nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 10:22 PM

As you may know:

I had a 17" Powerbook that I traded my Mini for. I loved it dearly, but I missed the Mini too much. So on MR I posted a WTT thread, where I asked for a trade with a Mini. Nothing came up, so I thought I'd try here. I asked illegaloperation (when I saw his thread) if we could forget our past (we had a deal that didn't work out) and trade for his MacBook like before. He sent me a PM.

He was excited to do this, but if I wanted his MacBook, I'd have to throw in my 360. Wasn't going to happen. After that, he said "Well, I'll trade you all this for your Powerbook"

1. Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz. Superdrive, 120GB HD, 1GB RAM...got that.
2. Keyspan "front row" remote w/adapter...got that.
3. Apple Wireless Mouse...got that.

That's all I got. He PM'ed me stating that his wife shipped off that stuff, but the rest was too much to ship so he would have her ship it the next day using FedEx 2-day.

What I didn't get, but he told me I would:

1. Compaq Presario 2100 notebook. 2.4GHz Intel. Combo. 512MB RAM. 15.4" screen
2. XBOX with 10 games, under warranty
3. Slim PS2, under warranty
4. Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse set
5. $100 cash

He said if you add up how much you could get for it, it would total up to $1350. So, I thought it would be a good trade, so I agreed and readied my Powerbook. The next day, it left the same day he shipped his few items. A few days later, he received the Powerbook, I recieved the Mini (with mouse and remote). He told me the Powerbook was great, and I expected the rest off the things to arrive the next day.

Nothing came. All of this stuff was intended for my kids ! It's been 4-5 weeks, and the last message I got from him was on October 25.

Please help me with this. I've already reported what I know about him to IC3, but sadly I don't have his address since I disposed of the box. If ANYONE has any info about him, PLEASE let me know. Thanks, I hope to take care of this problem.
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2006, 11:21 PM

Dear MacNN Community.... Please be aware that you must be careful with this member NickelbackMac. He is a bad and difficult trader to deal with. I know from experience.

1) He use to be in MacRumors' Marketplace, but lost a great amount of credibility due to a number of "shady" deals and transactions. There have been a few that had succeeded with his transactions...but a great many where things just didn't go well.

2) Illegaloperation made a deal with NickelbackMac to trade all 8 items for his Powerbook. Illegaloperation has sent Nickelback 1/2 of his promised items, yet NickelbackMac hasn't shipped the Powerbook. Upon doing so, illegaloperation will ship the last 1/2. Why did he decide that? Because NickelbackMac doesn't know how to properly ship and package items. It's not fair to illegaloperation that he ship everything he has, receives a broke powerbook from NickelbackMac, and there's no way to successful contact NickelbackMac. His shipping address is a Towing company in Jonesboro, AK....not a residence.

Just a heads up for all MacNN users who will be dealing with NickelbackMac. Lots of MR members will agree that its best to avoid this seller/trader/buyer. Techsound can also tell you the incidents that have occured on MR because of this user.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2006, 11:43 PM

Why would you buy something from someone called Illegaloperation?

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 13, 2006, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Why would you buy something from someone called Illegaloperation?
Exactly... im not bashing either of these 2 guys, i mean no offense but I wouldnt trade with anyone with the name illegaloperation, I also try to avoid dealing with people who are under the age of 18 unless they have established themselves.. And people who are new, I mean im relatively new but I have had a successful transaction with da2003pizimp, excellent transaction. I find trading to be a resourceful tool but there are those who can be the scum of the earth and try to be greedy and take everything from everyone...

nickelbackmac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by RiDDLeRIZE
...) Illegaloperation made a deal with NickelbackMac to trade all 8 items for his Powerbook. Illegaloperation has sent Nickelback 1/2 of his promised items, yet NickelbackMac hasn't shipped the Powerbook. Upon doing so, illegaloperation will ship the last 1/2. Why did he decide that? Because NickelbackMac doesn't know how to properly ship and package items. It's not fair to illegaloperation that he ship everything he has, receives a broke powerbook from NickelbackMac, and there's no way to successful contact NickelbackMac. His shipping address is a Towing company in Jonesboro, AK....not a residence...
What the HELL do you know? I have a PM from him that states he likes the Powerbook and got it. We sent our items the same day and he was aware of it. HE told ME his wife wasn't able to ship the rest so she would ship it the next day. But never heard anything about it. I gave him a tracking #, but he never provided me one.

The Powerbook wasn't broken whatsoever, it had 1 small dent which was noticeable in the pictures. He may have broken it himself, but I didn't. I loved that Powerbook and I thought maybe I'll just get another one, but all I got was a Mini.

I never said my address was residential, it's A-1 Towing, my wife's business. It's not in Alaska you @$$hole, it's Arkansas. Get some things through your thick head before you post.

If you guys want to see the PM he sent stating he received my Powerbook, I'll post it or forward it to you.
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2006, 09:28 PM

Wow. Marketplace has been a very hot place to be lately. I don't feel that comfortable being around it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2006, 10:53 PM

The Marketplace is the new Lounge.

Totally Awesome™

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules