Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New iBook Dual 500 CD

New iBook Dual 500 CD
Lydz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2001, 05:38 PM

THe time keeps changing on my iBook on the top right hand side of my screen. It changes if the computer crashes or at anytime it feels like it!!!!Arrhgggghhh!!!!! Help! Ive zapped the PRAM to no avail.THANKS FOR ANY HELP! Lydz [email protected] [COLOR=red]

Jan Van Boghout
Sep 24, 2001, 02:54 PM

It's normal if you do a hard reset (push the button above the audio out) or if the computer crashes . I hard-resetted mine once (in Mac OS 9) and it went back to 1960 !
I can recommend one thing : try Mac OS X . It never crashes (not with me anyway) so your time will always stay the same .
Isn't X great ?

zjokke
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2001, 09:12 AM

Is there still a battery in the iBook to keep the PRAM-settings? If so, it might be damaged.

Check this one first: in your date & time control panel, you can chose a time server that keeps your time up to date. If your time zone isn't set right, your time will automatically change to the time of that time zone.
zjokke
=:-)

Forum Links
Forum Rules