Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Print Center Preffered Printer

Print Center Preffered Printer
max4ever
Sep 10, 2001, 12:07 AM

I just added a color Lexmark to my Brother BW Laser this weekend. Everything went fine, but i'm annoyed by one thing: In the Print Center printer list, there's a blue dot next to the Lexmark, indicating (I believe) that this is a preffered printer. In other words, whenever I select print in an application, it has the lexmark preselected. This isn't a huge problem; but it's very annoying, because I use my Brother much, much more than the Lexmark. Can anyone tell me how to change this? Thanks.

max4ever  (op)
Sep 10, 2001, 01:21 AM

Nevermind, all of ye. Sorry I made you load this page. About 5 minutes after I posted, I figured out how to do this. In case you are unaware, you can simply delete the printer you want to use (in my case, the Brother), then readd it to the list. Sorry again. A moderator should remove this thread now.

an on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2001, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by max4ever:
<STRONG>Nevermind, all of ye. Sorry I made you load this page. About 5 minutes after I posted, I figured out how to do this. In case you are unaware, you can simply delete the printer you want to use (in my case, the Brother), then readd it to the list. Sorry again. A moderator should remove this thread now.</STRONG>
Actually, you just needed to click on the Brother printer in Print Center, and select, "Make Default Printer" from the Queue menu. No need to add and delete.

max4ever  (op)
Sep 12, 2001, 05:18 PM

My "Make Default" menu item is greyed out, even while the brother is selected in the printer list.

Forum Links
Forum Rules