Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I Have A Tracking Number!

I Have A Tracking Number! (Page 2)
bpsmith
Mar 15, 2003, 05:37 PM

I ordered on the 12th of January. Still no shipment notice. Perhaps since I selected ship all items together it has to meet up with the rest of the stuff (20" Cinema, Battery, Power Adapter) here in the states before it "ships"?
Brad Smith
[email protected]

robby818
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2003, 05:44 PM

I ordered an imac last year after expo. It went from Taiwan-->Alaska-->Ohio-->Pittsburgh. It only took 4 days for the entire trip and I specified Fedex regular shipping. I think Fedex used to route everything through TN but they no longer do.

Ganesha
Senior User
Mar 15, 2003, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by ae86_16v:
Are you sure about this? I don't know about the international orders but if it is a domestic order they all go through the Hub in Memphis. So I live in Oakland and if I want to ship something to San Francisco, it goes to Memphis first then back to San Francisco.
Mine 12" went from

Taiwan to Anchorage to Seattle to Oakland to Phoenix to Tucson to me.

So at least from Tawian to the southwest US, it doesn't go though Memphis.

Karim
Senior User
Mar 15, 2003, 05:54 PM

Maybe packages go point to point but documents go through Memphis due to their shear quantity and light weight.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2003, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by bpsmith:
I ordered on the 12th of January. Still no shipment notice. Perhaps since I selected ship all items together it has to meet up with the rest of the stuff (20" Cinema, Battery, Power Adapter) here in the states before it "ships"?
That is such a sweat set up! I wouldnt care when that came as long as it came!@ --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

drainyoo
Senior User
Mar 15, 2003, 07:02 PM

SWEET! Im happy for all you guys! Enjoy!

I ordered on FEB 6 and I still have an on or before 4/4. I should be getting a tracking number but the end of next week. I hope since someone that ordered on 1/16 just got their track # so they should be sending mine soon! I CANT WAIT!!
i hate project managers.

crazyEric
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2003, 07:16 PM

This is great. Almost everyone that ordered one in the first week or two just had theirs shipped today. I ordered mine about 4 hours after the keynote speech on 1/7/03. I then got my notification at 0555 hours this morning 3/15/03. At this rate, All orders should be caught up with by the end of next week.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 15, 2003, 07:37 PM

Congrats guys.

When you get the goods, please tell us what SuperDrive revision you have. See this thread.

I'd be interested if you have the D0CB revision like the 12" AluBooks, or else a different one.

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2003, 07:52 PM

I ordered mine at 2:30 PM PST on 01/07/03. I got no shipping notification. I am told this is because mine is BTO. Yes, the ONLY build to order option, an extra 512 MB of RAM. The guy I talked to said any BTOs ship a "couple days" after stock orders ordered the same day.

I am curious if anyone who got the extra RAM has had shipping notification. If so, that means mine is sure to come very soon.

spathi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2003, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by crazyjohnson:
We have been /.'ed :
http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl...thread&tid=180
I submitted that thought more people might be interested to know they're shipping

its really great to see people finally getting them!
17" PB /w 1 gig of ram

romeosc
Mac Elite
Mar 15, 2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by robby818:
I ordered an imac last year after expo. It went from Taiwan-->Alaska-->Ohio-->Pittsburgh. It only took 4 days for the entire trip and I specified Fedex regular shipping. I think Fedex used to route everything through TN but they no longer do.
Fed EX still has 120 takeoffs from Memphis every day from 2am on...... A sight to see!

ae77
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2003, 09:55 PM

congrats everyone. hope you get your 17-inch soon!

from a minibook owner.
^_^

HelloNateR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2003, 10:36 PM

Okay...please forgive the stupid question, but what is ADC pricing? Is that the Apple employee discount?? I'd like to get in on that.

For now, I've placed a duplicate order on Amazon.com, now that they're quoting 2-3 day ship time, as opposed to my on or before 4/14 that I've got from Apple.com. For other's who might want to try that route to see who ships first, here's a direct link to the Amazon 17" PowerBook page...

Apple 17" PowerBook

Good luck, everyone! I hope to see my 17" soon, especially since I've got a buyer for my TiBook who's ready to take it as soon as my 17" comes in!!

Karim
Senior User
Mar 15, 2003, 10:52 PM

There is some additional advantage to Amazon now that we know the local Apple store's aren't going to be the first to get them:

No sales tax to everyone outside of WA & ND
30 day return without fees for anyone getting a screen with bad pixels...

If Amazon is shipping as they've quoted, they will be the best (non-adc/student) deal available.

I've never gotten (in 4 PBG4's) a bad pixel so I'm insuring myself on the odds. And for anyone that is going to tell me it is ok, it's not.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 01:27 AM

ADC stands for Apple Developer Connection, and it's a program that gives you monthly Apple mailings, insiders developing information and program code, etc., and it also gives you a once-in-a-lifetime 20% hardware discount at the Apple Store (for college students).

There's various branches of ADC in which you can purchase, the Student, the Select, and the Premier. The Select & Premier are $500 & $3,500, respectively, but if you're a college student you can get in on this for $99. For a one time fee of $99 you get one-year of Apple Developer mailings, access to insiders downloads and information, and of course, a 20% discount on ONE purchase at the Apple.com store. In this purchase you can get up to (1) computer of any kind, (1) display of any kind, and as many accessories as you like for 20% off.

You just have to be able to fax in information proving you're in college and stuff...for more info, go HERE
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 02:48 AM

Originally posted by crazyEric:
This is great. Almost everyone that ordered one in the first week or two just had theirs shipped today.
At least in the US and UK anyway - I ordered mine in Australia within 24 hours of the announcement in January and I bet your ass I don't get a call on Monday

At least I know it'll now happen within the next week or two - which, duh, is the same timeframe I've been told every single time I've phoned over the past two months...

chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2003, 02:51 AM

MacMall is doing 512MB of RAM for $3333, that's not too shabby.

Originally posted by Karim:
There is some additional advantage to Amazon now that we know the local Apple store's aren't going to be the first to get them:

No sales tax to everyone outside of WA & ND
30 day return without fees for anyone getting a screen with bad pixels...

If Amazon is shipping as they've quoted, they will be the best (non-adc/student) deal available.

I've never gotten (in 4 PBG4's) a bad pixel so I'm insuring myself on the odds. And for anyone that is going to tell me it is ok, it's not.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

LosJackal
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by Karim:
Here is an early tracking number that actually made it on the plane and didn't get stuck past the deadline.

www.fedex.com

Go and live vicariously through that powerbook's owner.
Agreed that it doesn't have the comment about missing a deadline, but the history starts earlier as well. Maybe this is a number for a model being shipped to a reseller.

I don't know what leads you to believe this one is on a plane and mine isn't. This laptop was scanned at CKS Airport precisely 1 minute before mine.
"Sawtooth" G4 450 desktop + SuperDrive
"Pismo" G3 500 PowerBook SOLD!
"Hammerhead" G4 PowerBook arrived!
www.canyouhearmenow.com

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 03:16 AM

What gives with all the xx's in the tracking numbers? How are we supposed to track your shipment? I mean, how are we supposed to believe you??
I, ASIMO.

emumu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 03:21 AM

I received my Airport Extreme Base from Apple a while ago. It was shipped out of Taiwan and went through ANCHORAGE AK then went through Indianapolis, IN, then Oakland, California... Didn't know why Indianapolis...

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
What gives with all the xx's in the tracking numbers? How are we supposed to track your shipment? I mean, how are we supposed to believe you??
Why would someone want you tracking their delivery? Why would anyone care if you disbelieve all the shipments? Chill

ichibod
Mar 16, 2003, 04:04 AM

Originally posted by emumu:
I received my Airport Extreme Base from Apple a while ago. It was shipped out of Taiwan and went through ANCHORAGE AK then went through Indianapolis, IN, then Oakland, California... Didn't know why Indianapolis...
Oh come on, Indy isn't that bad, thats how I get all my stuff, living here and all...

exodar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 04:28 AM

Originally posted by emumu:
I live in Indiana and Indianapolis International Airport is the FEDEX sort facility for the midwest. They have an ENORMOUS hub at the airport. Just FYI.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 04:32 AM

Originally posted by DVD Plaza:
Why would someone want you tracking their delivery? Why would anyone care if you disbelieve all the shipments? Chill
I knew I forgot to wink.
I, ASIMO.

Poncho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 08:46 AM

One Question about the ADC.
When I buy with a student account, will I get the 3 year Apple Care for free? Or do I have to buy it extra.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 11:03 AM

Unfortunately, the ADC discount does not include the AppleCare Warrenty for free, nor does it discount it. AppleCare is one of the few things that aren't discounted through ADC. However, if you're university has an Apple Store (find out by Clicking on "Education" and then "The Apple Store" and then select your school), I've found that most Apple Education Online stores offer the AppleCare discounted, so you may want to purchase your AppleCare seperately over your school's site to save some cash. Any more questions, just post!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2003, 11:20 AM

I don't even have enoguh money for a tracking no.
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

LosJackal
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by LosJackal:
Agreed that it doesn't have the comment about missing a deadline, but the history starts earlier as well. Maybe this is a number for a model being shipped to a reseller.

I don't know what leads you to believe this one is on a plane and mine isn't. This laptop was scanned at CKS Airport precisely 1 minute before mine.
Good morning!

Both mine and the other posted tracking number have a new line item:

Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 03/16/2003 13:30

So I believe this means both of them hopped on a plane about 10 hours ago. If it arrives in Alaska in the next few hours, I wonder if there's a chance for it to make it down to California in the following 24 hours?

I know, customs.....but imagine say one hundred identical boxes coming from Apple. What does customs do? I'd think there would be some paperwork to breeze them through.
www.canyouhearmenow.com

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 11:28 AM

Great news!

I'd say they'd get pushed through Customs fairly quick if they come through the way my AE Base Station did!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

aschobel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 12:55 PM

Good morning!

So I believe this means both of them hopped on a plane about 10 hours ago. If it arrives in Alaska in the next few hours, I wonder if there's a chance for it to make it down to California in the following 24 hours?

I know, customs.....but imagine say one hundred identical boxes coming from Apple. What does customs do? I'd think there would be some paperwork to breeze them through.
When did you order your laptop? Mine seems to be stuck at the airport:

Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 03/16/2003 13:53
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 03/15/2003 19:36
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 03/15/2003 19:29 Package received after FedEx cutoff time

My order date is: 01/07/2003 11:35 AM PST

I wonder when you had to have ordered it to make the cut-off for the first flight.

One week to heaven.

LosJackal
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by aschobel:
When did you order your laptop? Mine seems to be stuck at the airport:

Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 03/16/2003 13:53
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 03/15/2003 19:36
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 03/15/2003 19:29 Package received after FedEx cutoff time

My order date is: 01/07/2003 11:35 AM PST

I wonder when you had to have ordered it to make the cut-off for the first flight.

One week to heaven.
Interesting. Yours left the origin location about 3 hours after mine. I think Ta Yuan Hsiang is near the airport, so maybe it's just at a different facility there. But it does show "arrived" 20 minutes after mine "left", so maybe yours is still sightseeing a bit!

My order date is 1/7 at 11:40am, 5 minutes after yours! But mine is stock configuration. Is yours stock or BTO? If BTO, that would be good news.
www.canyouhearmenow.com

LosJackal
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 01:39 PM

Good morning!

WOW! Maybe I missed seeing this this morning. I have an estimated delivery date!

Estimated Delivery Date __ 03/19/2003 by 10:30

So Wednesday morning it is, though I'll cross my fingers for Tuesday even if I have to go to the FedEx facility and pick it up!!

P.S. The other number posted in this forum has an estimated delivery date of 3/20 by 12:00. So it appears to not be "overnight" delivery, perhaps confirming that it's a demo model intended for a reseller initially sent on Friday.
www.canyouhearmenow.com

aschobel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 02:07 PM

Interesting. Yours left the origin location about 3 hours after mine. I think Ta Yuan Hsiang is near the airport, so maybe it's just at a different facility there. But it does show "arrived" 20 minutes after mine "left", so maybe yours is still sightseeing a bit!

My order date is 1/7 at 11:40am, 5 minutes after yours! But mine is stock configuration. Is yours stock or BTO? If BTO, that would be good news.
Mine PowerBook is stock and I don't have a delivery date estimation. Too bad it didn't make the first flight.

I'll probably get it one day later than you even though I ordered it ealier. =) Oh well.

ichibod
Mar 16, 2003, 03:17 PM

I ordered my PB through ADC, and got that with a base station, extra battery and extra power supply. I also got 2 day shipping with my order for $20 total. So both my base station and power supply shipped from Taiwan and made it here in 2 days. It shipped from Taiwan on the 4th, and was delievered on the 5th, same for my base station which shipped on the 5th, and got to me on the 6th. So I hope that my PB will do the same route.

Delivered/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 17:01
On FedEx vehicle for delivery/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 08:07
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 08:03
Left FedEx Ramp/INDIANAPOLIS IN 03/06/2003 02:34
Arrived at Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 03/06/2003 00:50
Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 03/05/2003 20:23
Left FedEx Origin Location/CHU PEI CITY TW 03/05/2003 18:29
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 03/05/2003 17:42
Left FedEx Sort Facility/ANCHORAGE AK 03/05/2003 14:24
Picked up by FedEx/CHU PEI CITY TW 03/05/2003 13:36
( Last edited by ichibod; Mar 16, 2003 at 03:23 PM. )

pamelah
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2003, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
Unfortunately, the ADC discount does not include the AppleCare Warrenty for free, nor does it discount it. AppleCare is one of the few things that aren't discounted through ADC. However, if you're university has an Apple Store (find out by Clicking on "Education" and then "The Apple Store" and then select your school), I've found that most Apple Education Online stores offer the AppleCare discounted, so you may want to purchase your AppleCare seperately over your school's site to save some cash. Any more questions, just post!
I got mine at a discount. $348CAN (~$US240)
Architecture:Design | 17" alPB | 23" cinema display etc...

LosJackal
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 03:48 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the information. So here are those events in order:

Originally posted by ichibod:
Picked up by FedEx/CHU PEI CITY TW 03/05/2003 13:36
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 03/05/2003 17:42
Left FedEx Origin Location/CHU PEI CITY TW 03/05/2003 18:29
Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW 03/05/2003 20:23

Left FedEx Sort Facility/ANCHORAGE AK 03/05/2003 14:24
Arrived at Sort Facility/INDIANAPOLIS IN 03/06/2003 00:50
Left FedEx Ramp/INDIANAPOLIS IN 03/06/2003 02:34
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 08:03
On FedEx vehicle for delivery/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 08:07
Delivered/BLOOMINGTON IN 03/06/2003 17:01
Taiwan is 15 hours ahead of Alaska, that's why it traveled back in time. So there is exactly 9 hours in between the Taiwan scan and the Alaska scan.

So it was in Alaska on the afternoon of 3/5, a Wednesday. It made it to Indiana just after midnight local time, trucked to the local delivery point, then delivered by the end of the day 3/6.

That's quite impressive. I can only hope my computer does the same, so as long as FedEx doesn't take Sundays off (but maybe customs does) theoretically there is a chance for Monday morning delivery.
www.canyouhearmenow.com

knerr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 05:39 PM

First of all, my "on or before" is 3/21 and I haven't heard boo yet. Mine's BTO, though, having added the extra memory. My question is, since I live in Juneau, Alaska will my computer come straight from Anchorage, or will it go to Seattle before coming back up to Juneau? Just wondering. BTW, I only ordered standard shipping, but everything has to fly into Juneau anyway, since there are no roads into the city. Thanks.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2003, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by knerr:
First of all, my "on or before" is 3/21 and I haven't heard boo yet. Mine's BTO, though, having added the extra memory. My question is, since I live in Juneau, Alaska will my computer come straight from Anchorage, or will it go to Seattle before coming back up to Juneau? Just wondering. BTW, I only ordered standard shipping, but everything has to fly into Juneau anyway, since there are no roads into the city. Thanks.
do me a favor and keep me posted or us posted for when you receive your tracking. Im in the same boat as you, I have BTO and I ordered on 1/20 --thanks

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 07:45 PM

My 17 incher is BTO (I still find it amusing that a memory mod is BTO) and recieved a call from the bank verifying the ~$3000 charge from Apple. So, Apple is gearing up to send out the BTOs! That was this morning at 9:00 Mountain Time. Just a few more days...

dccski
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 08:24 PM

again, when ordered

Svaia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 08:36 PM

My bank called right now, 7.30PM ET to confirm that they could charge my card as well. I ordered 2PM On January 7th. BTO with 1Gig Ram..... Finally!!!! Shipping soon i hope then

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 08:54 PM

Awesome to hear the BTO's are shipping so soon! Hope mine comes soon!!!! Congrats to those w/ PB's on the way!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 09:05 PM

Sorry, I ordered on 01/07/03 at 2:13 PM PST. It seems as if they are processing the first day BTOs.

orsadude2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
Yep! Got mine for that price as well (plus the extra cash for 1GIG RAM though)!
So what is this ADC pricing...and how do I get it? $2700 bones...phenomenal!!!

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by orsadude2:
So what is this ADC pricing...and how do I get it? $2700 bones...phenomenal!!!
ADC stands for Apple Developer Connection, and it's a program that gives you monthly Apple mailings, insiders developing information and program code, etc., and it also gives you a once-in-a-lifetime 20% hardware discount at the Apple Store (for college students).

There's various branches of ADC in which you can purchase, the Student, the Select, and the Premier. The Select & Premier are $500 & $3,500, respectively, but if you're a college student you can get in on this for $99. For a one time fee of $99 you get one-year of Apple Developer mailings, access to insiders downloads and information, and of course, a 20% discount on ONE purchase at the Apple.com store. In this purchase you can get up to (1) computer of any kind, (1) display of any kind, and as many accessories as you like for 20% off.

You just have to be able to fax in information proving you're in college and stuff...for more info, go HERE, and specifically if you're a college student wanting in, go HERE
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 16, 2003, 09:36 PM

Well, I'm not sure what to make of this yet... but... I just checked my Apple loan and there is a temp authorization for the amount left on my order... which is only the 17". woohoo! I'm not going to get too excited though as I have not received any word from Apple and my OrderStatus is still 'open'. Additionaly, my 'On or before' date is 4/4/2003 so I think it would be extremely odd that it ships anytime soon.

I'm hoping the Apple store in WestFarms will get some in tomorrow.

p.s. Congrats to y'all with tracking numbers.. indeed a great weekend

[edit] I placed my order on 2/21/2003 on the phone with Apple.
( Last edited by cwasko; Mar 16, 2003 at 09:46 PM. )

dccski
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 09:43 PM

when did you order. come on people we need order dates to see how for they are in filling.

dccski
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 09:48 PM

sorry i must be blind, cwasko. staring at my appl.com order to see if changes has made me blind.

dccski
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2003, 09:55 PM

wait a minute i ordered on 1-25-2003 from apple store , stock. (bought the extra memory from apple after and they already delivered it 2 weeks ago). no authorization no change in status. anyone after this date get theirs shipped or charged. someone tell me it will be allright. im dying here.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 09:57 PM

It'll be alright man...honestly, think about if Apple wouldn't have started shipping yet! AHHH!! At least they're on their way...the flood gates are open!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Forum Links
Forum Rules