Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Open Transport ASLM freezes 9.2.2

Open Transport ASLM freezes 9.2.2
fulmer
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2001, 09:44 PM

the extension Open Transport ASLM Module versions 2.7.8 and 2.7.9 freezes OS 9.2.2. Ideas?

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2001, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by fulmer:
<STRONG>the extension Open Transport ASLM Module versions 2.7.8 and 2.7.9 freezes OS 9.2.2. Ideas?</STRONG>
no ideas... but i have the feeling that open transport is responsible for all sorts of weird network related problems/freezes anyway... probably it�s a bit of a pile of poo? also, it won�t let me terminate tcp connections in mac tcp watcher.
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

fulmer  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 24, 2001, 11:38 PM

I almost never use anything but OS X these days--all 9.2.x does for me is Diablo II and a few other games. 10.1.x is where all my computing is done. Good thing I have an iMac that stays in 9.2 for PageMaker and Photoshop.

JWDinc2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2001, 08:26 PM

I seem to be getting a conflict (system hangs at startup to the desktop, no folders can be opened) in OS 9.2.2 between the Open Transport Networking group�(Open Transport 2.7.9, Open Transport ASLM Module 2.7.9, AppleTalk 1.1, and TCP/IP 2.5) and Appleshare 3.9.2, Apple Enet 2.4.3, and Shared Library Manager PPC 2.02. (Conflicts as determined by Conflict Catcher 8.09).

Since AppleTalk (1.1) and TCP/IP (2.5) have been the same version between OS 9.1 and 9.2.2, I have to believe the problem lies elsewhere. Likewise, Shared Library Manager PPC has stayed at version 2.0.2 through the same OS revisions.

Apple Enet was at 2.4.2 for OS 9.1 and OS 9.2.1, but was changed to 2.4.3 in OS 9.2.2.

Appleshare has progressed from 3.8.8&gt;3.8&gt;3.9.2, and Open Transport and Open Transport ASLM Modulehave progressed from 2.7.4&gt;2.7.7&gt;2.7.9 through OS 9.1&gt;9.2.1&gt;9.2.2.

If I force quit the Finder things will often work OK, but this doesn't seem like a great way to have the system working.

Does anyone have any idea wich combination of these components is stable, or if any other system elements are an issue?

THANKS in advance....

e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected].

-James

Forum Links
Forum Rules