Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Post your opinions on improvements of OsX

Post your opinions on improvements of OsX
McDriver
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2001, 04:34 PM

After a couple of weeks running 10.1 I think it's time to start a thread about what can be improved in the next update of OsX. We have seen major improvements in both speed and GUI but still there is something lacking that I can't put my finger on. Maybe I'm to used to the *old ways* but there are a few thing that in my opinion needs to be fixed.
Speed. By this I mean the response of my input to the GUI , i.e resizing of windows, and general 'snappiness' of the GUI.

Drivers. In this, and other forums, there is constant yelling for more drivers and support for scsi, printers of different brands and other periferals that are supported under MacOs 9.

Security. Tonight I had an animated discussion with a friend about viruses and illegal hacking of servers and other security problems. I stated that Macs was more secure compared to win and Unix. He on the other hand claimed that the Mac community was to small to get the attention of hackers and virusmakers

The issue is that unix has been around for a while and it's in the places hackers want to go. For instance major government and banking systems, which means the revenue of a hack is greater than getting in to my computer, but the defense from systemoperators is also developed to avoid such intrusions.

Feel free to post your opinions wishes and pipedreams in this thread so we can have a nice balanced and mature discussion ( not that I don't appreciate some bickering, bitching and backstabs ) about the future of our 'favourite OS'

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: McDriver ]

and on this issue I know I have the people behind me. Far, far behind me

McDriver  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2001, 04:38 PM

I got bloody fat fingers and I think that Y and T are too close on the key board

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: McDriver ]

and on this issue I know I have the people behind me. Far, far behind me

Forum Links
Forum Rules