Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Weird Safari issue

Weird Safari issue
sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2020, 02:21 PM

From time to time, I find Safari (14.0; macOS 10.15.7 on a 2018 Mac Mini) doing something strange. It puts up a dialog saying it wants to save something with the name "st". This causes other things to hang until I get rid of it; usually I just cancel the save and proceed. Today I did save what it wants to the Desktop, though, and what I get is a zero byte file with the name st. There's a whole lot that "More info" shows, though, which I will copy below. I should note that when I was asked to save "st" I was not in fact viewing the web page www.citizen-times.com although that page was open in another tab.
Trend Micro virus scan doesn't suggest there's anything wrong with this file, but I'm sure there's something fishy going on ... Any info would be welcome.
-- Steve Anderson

Where from: https://www.citizen-times.com/
https://imprchmp.taboola.com/st?cijs...cs=true&cias=1

olympiarea
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2021, 10:12 PM

Any solution for this issue?

Forum Links
Forum Rules