Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Question about HD extended format and OS9.1 or 9.2

Question about HD extended format and OS9.1 or 9.2
DNA man
Senior User
Sep 19, 2002, 11:16 AM

I have been attempting to install OS9.2 on an 8200. I managed to make the leap from 8.6 to 9.01 but when I try to install 0s9.1 or os9.2 I was informed that the HD drivers prevented installation of the OS. I tried to update the drivers but the install will not go ahead. The HD is not in the extended format. This isn't the issue is it The HD is from the vendor Quantum. Does any one know if there are issues with Quantum drives and OS 9.1/ 9.2 installations.

Finally, one other quick question to do with an iMac CRT model. How do I put the remote access panel back into the control strip? For some reason it is not there!

Many thanks in advance for any input

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2002, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by DNA man:
I have been attempting to install OS9.2 on an 8200. I managed to make the leap from 8.6 to 9.01 but when I try to install 0s9.1 or os9.2 I was informed that the HD drivers prevented installation of the OS. I tried to update the drivers but the install will not go ahead. The HD is not in the extended format. This isn't the issue is it The HD is from the vendor Quantum. Does any one know if there are issues with Quantum drives and OS 9.1/ 9.2 installations.

Finally, one other quick question to do with an iMac CRT model. How do I put the remote access panel back into the control strip? For some reason it is not there!

Many thanks in advance for any input
There is a folder inside your System Folder called "Control Strip Modules." Somehow the one for remote access must've gotten out of there. Do a search for it, and if you can find it put it back in the folder. You might have to do a restart in order to see it in your control strip.

About the Mac OS installation issue, I really don't know if you need an HFS+ disk to install the update. If I were to guess I would guess that you do need it, but I really have no idea.

Brad

Vanquish
Sep 21, 2002, 05:52 AM

If I remember correctly OS9.1/9.2 needs HFS+, I think it has something to do with Carbon and OSX compatibility (even on non-OSX machine).

Forum Links
Forum Rules