Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > OnLive: tried it, it rocks!

OnLive: tried it, it rocks! (Page 2)
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 19, 2011, 11:04 AM

And especially surprising, as this is my speedtest result from home to Virginia (someone said that's where OnLive is located, right?):

Clearly not the best, but surely it'd be better with a ping of 98 instead of 370, right? I'm moving in a couple weeks and I'll be forced to choose between 1.5Mb or 12Mb internet (guess which I'm going with) so maybe it will get better.

I broke down and bought Just Cause 2 but precise moves are still difficult and driving's almost impossible. Thankfully auto-aim helps a lot. The Red Faction trial actually felt as if there was less lag than the other games, movement was more precise and driving was easy.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Did you like Metro? I'm learning that I hate games where the enemies are melee-ing creatures, like Halo's Flood, FEAR's weird mutants, etc. I'm not sure that I'd play the game.
I'll be honest, I've hardly been able to play the game. The mood is actually really amazing. The creatures are meh though. But it's a really dark game so far. The brightness I mean. That's kind of a turn off.

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I broke down and bought Just Cause 2 but precise moves are still difficult and driving's almost impossible. Thankfully auto-aim helps a lot. The Red Faction trial actually felt as if there was less lag than the other games, movement was more precise and driving was easy.
You keep buying, even with the subpar performance?
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 20, 2011, 04:36 PM

Well, yes. Partly because I'm a moron, and partly because I'm moving in a week and will have faster internet. Fingers crossed.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2011, 12:45 AM

Now we're in business.

Response is much better.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 10, 2011, 06:19 AM

^jealous.

Barcelona is closer

New house should be better.

Forum Links
Forum Rules