Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 6400 Boot-up to OS 9.1 CD

6400 Boot-up to OS 9.1 CD
Bubba
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2001, 08:31 AM

Hi. I have the full install CD for OS 9.1 and I am trying to install it onto my 6400. The problem is that it will not boot to the CD. It just locks up before the Welcome screen. I am networked to my imac as well, but I was wanting to format the drive before installing OS 9. Any ideas to help be boot to OS 9 CD or a solution??

Thanks

Jason

cjpainter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2001, 01:27 AM

Have you had any other problems with your 6400? I just recently upgraded my 6400 with 9.1 and had no problems booting from the CD. It is also networked with my G4.

Craig
CJPainter

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 12, 2001, 12:06 PM

Bubba, I have also installed 9.1 onto my 6400 with no problem, so hang in there, it will go on!

Try disconnecting the iMac, along with any other external drives or devices you may have attached to the 6400. Make sure your files are backed up and run any disk utilities you have such as Disk First Aid or Norton Utilities. Can't say much more than that without knowing more about your system, so what system are you upgrading from and what devices do you have connected?

Try asking 'The 6400 Zone' website at http://homepage.mac.com/zone6400/ Look around the site to see if anyone else has had a similar problem there, there is a link at the bottom of the site's homepage to send the site author an email, ask for help there if there is nothing on the site to help you.

I hope I've helped you with this but without knowing more about your system there is not much more I can say.

------------------

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

etphonehome
Dedicated MacNNer
May 12, 2001, 12:48 PM

You have been holding down the "C" key, haven't you?

------------------
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?"
<font color = blue>"Thank god for adequacy.</font> <font color = green>It gives people who </font><font color = red>suck </font><font color = green>something to strive for."</font>

[email protected]

Bubba  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2001, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.. What I ended up doing is formatting the drive with the 7.5 CD, then booted up with no CD in. When the question mark flashed, I just put in the 9.1 CD, and it booted just fine to that. So I guess that solved the problem.. 9.1 is still up an running smoothly (relatively) right now..

Thanks

Jason

Forum Links
Forum Rules