Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > where are the files?? hard disk problem..

where are the files?? hard disk problem..
stevieleaky
Nov 29, 2001, 07:48 PM

k imac rev a 4 gig, os 9.01 --i have just deleted all these files to try and free up space. my hard drive says i have 500 mb left, but after adding up every folder on the mac hard drive, itt adds to 700 mb. what is going on? no folders on the desktop.... thanks.
Leaky

gto47
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2001, 11:39 PM

Invisible files and such. Its supposed to be like that. If you're so short for space you might want to think about swapping that drive with a bigger one.
Mac Pro 8x2.8 | Macbook 2.13 | Saab Trionic 7 (thats right, runs on a 68k!)

stevieleaky  (op)
Dec 1, 2001, 03:08 AM

ah.... yes the hidden files and such..... Can someone tell me why these are adding up to so much space if in fact they are the problem?. I have had my mac for years and never seen this problem. I do have external HD's but I am talking aout the internal hd. Has anyone else had this problem and could you tell me how it was fixed. It would be easy for me to reinstall everything, but I am interested to know how this problem happens and how to fix it. I don't want a bigger hard drive.
Leaky

Forum Links
Forum Rules