Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Pro Water Damage. NEED ADVICE

Macbook Pro Water Damage. NEED ADVICE
KEIKULLBERG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2012, 07:58 PM

Hello everyone,
I had my macbook pro outside listening to music and long story short, i was gone while it was open outside and it started drizzling for about 15 min. When I was listening to music it eventually died so it powered off before it started raining which helps the water damage. I brought it inside, wipped it down and put rice on the keyboard which i wrapped saran wrap around. I have yet to try to turn it on or plug it in. i need some advice on what to do next. I took off the back of my macbook pro after i took the saran wrap off becasue i figured taking the back off would be more efficient and there was no water damage it looked like. I need some specioal screwdrivers to take most of it apart but i got the back off and i am just letting it sit.. Any advice on what i should do next? wait a few days to try turning it back on so it can dry? put it in rice? take evrything apart? blowdry it? Thanks so much for advice!!!

ibook_steve
Jun 8, 2012, 12:00 AM

Welcome to our forums!

We have a whole sticky all about this topic. Please read through it and if you'd like to ask a question, post there instead of in the general forum.

http://forums.macnn.com/69/mac-noteb...r-beer-liquid/

Thanks,
Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules