Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My MacBook Pro will not recognize my Genius wireless mouse

My MacBook Pro will not recognize my Genius wireless mouse
Ron K
Jul 20, 2017, 06:51 AM

My track pad is not functioning properly. It requires hard pressure in order to select and move icons, etc. The light pressure area seems to work fine. Anyway, I have a Genius brand mouse with new batteries, but it will not mount. Under Mouse in System Preferences, it shows "No mouse found".

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the mouse, as it worked fine about 3 years ago when I last used it, and now that I have replaced the batteries, it does not work. The function light is on, etc. And anyway, what can really go bad on these devices? They are so simple; no moving parts, etc. Is there something else I need to do to get my MacBook Pro to recognize my mouse? Thanks ahead for your kind assistance.
2014 (mid) MBP: 15" with Retina display; 2.2GHz Intel quad Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 256 Flash Storage

mindwaves
Aug 2, 2017, 05:36 AM

My MacBook wouldn't recognize my Logitech BT mouse using the default drivers. I had to install the drivers from Logitech and all was OK.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 2, 2017, 11:12 AM

This seems too simple, but did you make sure Bluetooth is turned on, and the mouse paired? You've probably upgraded OS in the last three years, the old pairing may be gone.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2017, 06:51 AM

Have you checked to see if your battery is swollen? That can press on the trackpad and cause it to misbehave. Better to catch it earlier, it will only get worse.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Forum Links
Forum Rules