Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ridiculous Service From Apple.

Ridiculous Service From Apple.
~bash $
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2007, 09:04 PM

I have to say that I'm shocked at my most recent experience with Apple.

Like many here I've been using Macs for awhile now, and I haven't turned my back since. Recently I decided to get a Macbook and purchased a white refurb because it was such a good deal.

I take good care of my stuff. However within 3 days of very light use, I was starting to regret my decision, for reasons I'd rather not divulge.

Well I did already purchase and use the laptop, so there's no reason for Apple to take it back. The people I spoke to on the phone, however, empathized with the apparent problem with the machine, citing that it was a known issue. Throughout, they were super nice, understanding, and immediately processed a refund - with no restocking fee. They paid for express return shipping for this laptop in order to expedite the process.

But they went several steps further. They processed my new black MacBook order right there, upgraded the shipping to express overnight, and told me that as soon as they had word that my return was on its way, they would ship out the new computer. They weren't even going to wait for it to come all the way back (this is a very nice trend lately with companies - lest we not screw it up).

So I packed up everything the way it came, in its original box, sent it on its way, and gave them a call again. They expedited my new order, just charged the difference for the computers, and told me that the new machine would be shipping within a week and arrive the day after it shipped. Fantastic, right? Except it shipped the very same day - not one week later. Almost zero downtime.

They have gone above and beyond their call of duty to make this customer happy, and I appreciate their courtesy and professionalism every step of the way.

Also it should be noted that there was no yelling, cursing, or slamming of objects on desks involved, at all. They've kept me as a customer, and I don't regret giving them my business one bit. I just thought I'd share.

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Feb 21, 2007, 10:40 PM

Yeah, their service is awesome. I've been having issues with the iTunes store, and they've been great about it and went beyond what other companies probably would have done in that situation.
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.16 (Black)
iPod classic 160GB
iPhone 8GB

theokandroid
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2007, 12:38 AM

Sorry by the title I thought this was going to be a horror story. Good to hear you had such a great experience. Shows what politeness and courtesy can get you.

megatronbomb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2007, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by ~bash $ View Post
citing that it was a known issue.
Can you divulge what the known issue in question was?

Sage
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2007, 12:51 AM

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word “ridiculous” that I wasn't previously aware of.

(With apologies to Douglas Adams.)

jough
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2007, 08:26 AM

"I regretted buying a white macbook because it shows dirt more and isn't as cool looking."

"Yes sir. That's a known issue. We'll process your refund."

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by theokandroid View Post
Sorry by the title I thought this was going to be a horror story. Good to hear you had such a great experience. Shows what politeness and courtesy can get you.
Yeah me too. That's a great story though! My dad's recieved similar service with his iBook G3. We originally bought an iBook G3 instead of PowerBook G4, but after the 3rd logic board we wanted a PowerBook. Apple charged us the difference and sent us the PowerBook the next day before they had even gotten the iBook back!

Forum Links
Forum Rules