Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > need help accessing Windows XP shared drives

need help accessing Windows XP shared drives
Javahead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2002, 01:07 AM

I have a PC running Windows XP Professional and it is sharing multiple folders. Whenever I try to access those folders under Jaguar, I get a SMB error -36.

Steps: run finder, select "connect to server", and I enter the IP address of the shared folder (smb://192.168.xxx.yyy/shared_path). I then enter all the appropriate information on the authentication dialog (workgroup, username, and password). No matter which Windows XP account I try to use, I get a -36 error.

All my machines are behind a DLink 713P wireless router/firewall. Personal Internet Firewall is NOT enabled on the WinXP machine.

A while back, this same machine was running Win2K and I was able to access the shared drives just fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules