Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I want my own Singapore girl...

I want my own Singapore girl...
amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2003, 10:15 PM

Anyone seen her?

I love flying Singapore airlines, looking forward to my next trip.

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Dec 20, 2003, 11:49 PM

Listen, sonnyboy, that's my wife you're talking about!

Seriously, she is good looking, but a bit too western looking for my tastes.

Best looking stewardess...er, flight attendant I ever saw was on a Lufthansa flight about 10 years ago. She was shorter and had brown hair and eyes (complete opposite of the usual LH attendants at that time) and looked delicious. I wanted to photograph her after landing but she went AWOL for the last three hours of the flight. Haven't seen one as good looking since.
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

Dubya's Dealer
Forum Regular
Dec 21, 2003, 09:16 AM

Thumbs up for Singapore. Those flight attendants are so sweet, and love the Malay-type dresses.

There are pretty flight attendants everywhere, but Singapore has the best ensemble cast IMO.

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2003, 10:57 AM

I'm from Singapore but I like those on Qantas

Singapore Airlines is #1 in Singapore. Hope to see you guys in Singapore!

Singapore Mac users meetup @ http://mac.meetup.com

mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2003, 01:19 PM

haha

look sweet but let's face it real asian girls are not as hot and they bring about the same problems we guys have with normal chicks and let's face it � stupid asian culture is annoying

(i am asian but i hate asian culture)

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
haha

look sweet but let's face it real asian girls are not as hot and they bring about the same problems we guys have with normal chicks and let's face it � stupid asian culture is annoying

Care to elaborate? And forbear the subtlety.
I, ASIMO.

cal4ever
Dec 21, 2003, 05:13 PM

haha

As an Asian woman myself, I am quite confused by what you mean as "Asian culture." Please elaborate, because when you say "Asian culture" you are generalizing a whole continent. I highly doubt that you can reduce all the different cultures in Asia into one, all encompassing culture.

And yes, not all Asian women are as hot or "exotic" as Hollywood portrays, and Asian men are not all asexual computer and math geeks--as the media also like to portray. Stereotypes are stereotypes...

Cheers
( Last edited by cal4ever; Dec 21, 2003 at 05:58 PM. )

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 21, 2003, 09:05 PM

I wish you all the best in finding that girl of your dreams. Try to be patient amsalpemkcus.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by cal4ever:

And yes, not all Asian women are as hot or "exotic" as Hollywood portrays, and Asian men are not all asexual computer and math geeks--as the media also like to portray.

this is a joke thread so i attempted to make a humorous comment

no malice intended, if you posted a picture of a handsome asian flight attendant i may have said something similar

my biggiest complaint of asian culture from my experience and in my opinion is that asians are very reluctant to let go of their culture when they are in America. I know for a fact that in society, keeping your cultural identity is a good thing but i view it as negative. So i readily concede that i am the crazy radical thinker here and not you folks.

sideus
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 12:52 AM

As an Asian woman myself...
Post pic please.

cal4ever
Dec 22, 2003, 04:13 AM

Originally posted by sideus:
Post pic please.

you'll have to give me a nice apple related product for that

And as a respond to Apple pro:

Asians are not the only ones who "hold on" to their cultures. In fact, many immigrants do as well. There are ethnic enclaves for Indians, Italians, Jews and so on. It's not an "Asian" thing. So do you have any problems with other ethnic groups that continue to hold on to their cultural identities once they have migrated to another country?

Also, I think you are looking at culture as if it's static. Culture evolves over the years. And what do you mean by "holding on" one's culture? By eating ethnic foods, speaking in foreign languages and practice "foreign" religions? Now the question is, how does one "rid' themselves of these things? Culture is open, not closed. Thus, Asians and other immigrants are, in fact, forced (just by being in a different country) to adapt to the their adopted country's culture--whether this be through language, dress or whatever else.

Besides, there are many Asians who are more American (whatever that means) that Americans and there Americans who are more "Asian" that Asians.

Don't get me wrong, I think your point of view is completely valid. As a person who studies race and culture, and how it relates to American society, I'm just curious about you meant.

And as for cute Asian male flight attendants, I hear Japan airlines is the airline to take for that. Not that you would be interested...but maybe there are other females out there who are curious

Cheers!

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 06:13 AM

Well, concerning different cultures in America, I agree.

I think its alright for people to retain their cultural heritage. After all, America is the melting pot.

I was raised to respect different cultures. My family is made up of Native American, German,
French, and British ethnicity.

I am also Christian, but I incorporate philosophies from different other faiths as well
(Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, etc.)

I understand why people are against retaining our heritage in this age of political correctness. But I believe that we shouldn't let go of who we are. And where we come from is a part of who we are.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

cal4ever
Dec 22, 2003, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0:
Well, concerning different cultures in America, I agree.

I think its alright for people to retain their cultural heritage. After all, America is the melting pot.

I was raised to respect different cultures. My family is made up of Native American, German,
French, and British ethnicity.

I am also Christian, but I incorporate philosophies from different other faiths as well
(Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, etc.)

I understand why people are against retaining our heritage in this age of political correctness. But I believe that we shouldn't let go of who we are. And where we come from is a part of who we are.
Well said.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0:

I have always disagreed with the notion of culture and that being a "part of who we are".

I would say that I am very independant person and when something needs to get done, i do it my self. I have incredible confidence of myself at all times. My own personal life experiences is "what i am". I refuse to accept a culture to dictate that for me.

having said that i believe in making my own culture. I come to my own conclusions about what i feel is appropriate and what is not. I choose which religion and what kinds of food i eat and etc. My vision is never clouded by tradition.

cal4ever
Dec 22, 2003, 08:49 AM

I have always disagreed with the notion of culture and that being a "part of who we are".

I would say that I am very independant person and when something needs to get done, i do it my self. I have incredible confidence of myself at all times. My own personal life experiences is "what i am". I refuse to accept a culture to dictate that for me.

having said that i believe in making my own culture. I come to my own conclusions about what i feel is appropriate and what is not. I choose which religion and what kinds of food i eat and etc. My vision is never clouded by tradition.
I respect what you have to say. And I hope the best for you in finding and creating your own culture. I hope that one day we will all be comfortable enough to do this...and have the opportunity as well. Unfortunately, we still live in a society that associate people (by their features) with a certain race or culture. Goodluck to you...this has been an interesting and enlightening exchange of views.

Cheers!

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 09:32 AM

I agree.
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

Lerkfish
Dec 22, 2003, 10:06 AM

(to the thread topic)
My wife is a former American Airlines Flight Attendant.

How I snagged her is a mystery to me.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 10:19 AM

If tradition in your culture encourages "marriage before sex" and you break it, it is not like you are excommunicated on the spot.

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 22, 2003, 10:33 AM

I respect what you have to say. And I hope the best for you in finding and creating your own culture. I hope that one day we will all be comfortable enough to do this...and have the opportunity as well. Unfortunately, we still live in a society that associate people (by their features) with a certain race or culture. Goodluck to you...this has been an interesting and enlightening exchange of views.

what a delightful conversation!

thank you for your views, i guess i should be more respectful to comments about other people's culture as well just because i march to a different beat.

Slaveway
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2003, 01:41 PM

The Women of Cathay Pacific are the best and best looking.

historylme
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 02:56 PM

To Ms. cal4ever, cheers! Many times in the forums, I post random things, mostly because they're funny. But you have shown and brought to this thread a sophistication that I rarely see. Thanks.

cal4ever
Dec 22, 2003, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by history1me:
To Ms. cal4ever, cheers! Many times in the forums, I post random things, mostly because they're funny. But you have shown and brought to this thread a sophistication that I rarely see. Thanks.
Wow, thanks for the kind words.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Forum Links
Forum Rules