Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I had to tell someone.....

I had to tell someone.....
cal4ever
Dec 24, 2003, 08:58 AM

It's 5am here and I had to tell someone. Everyone I know is asleep. Anyway....I'm done with my law school applications!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! I want to get drunk right now, but it'd be a little odd to drink by myself at 5 in the morning.

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you're all spending it with the people you want to spend it with :-P

dencamp
Senior User
Dec 24, 2003, 09:33 AM

Congrats and have an Irish Coffee. Booze and morning coffee all at once.

Two steps forward (six steps back)

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2003, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by cal4ever:
It's 5am here and I had to tell someone. Everyone I know is asleep. Anyway....I'm done with my law school applications!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!! I want to get drunk right now, but it'd be a little odd to drink by myself at 5 in the morning.

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you're all spending it with the people you want to spend it with :-P

Good luck!

A Single Second
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2003, 10:30 AM

Shouldn't you wait to celebrate till after the applications have been accepted?

Either way, congrats, I guess.

Kilbey
Baninated
Dec 24, 2003, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by A Single Second:
Shouldn't you wait to celebrate till after the applications have been accepted?

Either way, congrats, I guess.
That's what I was thinking.

If you think the applications are difficult....

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 24, 2003, 12:37 PM

Congratulations cal4ever on the occasion of the completion of your Law School applications. I hope that you will get into the school of your choice. Where did you apply? Which school is your preference?

Merry Christmas

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

cal4ever  (op)
Dec 24, 2003, 06:35 PM

Oh yeah, I'm not celebrating THAT much... I still have to get accepted. Then I'll do the celebrating, or the crying, we'll see. I'm just glad that I'm done with the application process. Applying to 15 schools is not fun, not fun at all. This will be last time I apply for ANY type of school--I hope. I was thinking of possibly getting an MBA after law school, but I am NOT going to put myself through this again.

>>Where did you apply? Which school is your preference?<<

I applied to so many schools, hoping that at least ONE of them will accept. I'd love to go to Boalt Hall (UC Berkeley's Law School), but I also applied to Stanford, Columbia and NYU. Of course I applied to others that are not as difficult to get into. I now have two months before I have to start worrying about getting the dreaded tiny envelope w/ the rejection letter. *knock on wood* hopefully I don't get too many of those.

Happy Holidays everyone!

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2003, 08:58 PM

Applying to 15 schools is not fun, not fun at all.
Holy cow! 15? I only applied to 3 and that was enough of a hassle. You deserve to celebrate for that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules