Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Trade in 3G iPod for iPod mini?

Trade in 3G iPod for iPod mini?
TiUser
Feb 27, 2004, 07:30 PM

What do you guys think? I have the 3G 15G iPod, but really like the smaller form of the mini. I can trade-in my iPod for about $130 towards the purchase of a mini. Any opinions?

cal4ever
Feb 27, 2004, 08:08 PM

it all depends how much big your music collection is. if you only 1 gig of music, I would certainly trade it in for the mini. After all, you'll still have 3 gigs of memory left. personally, the mini's hard drive is way too small for me.

and, instead of a trade in, i would sell mine on ebay. i'm sure you can a lot more than $130 for a 15gig Ipod.

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2004, 08:34 PM

If you feel the mini is worth it for your needs, sell your 15GB elsewhere (eBay, the Marketplace forum here, etc). If it's in good condition, you could probably get $200+ for it, which would nearly pay for the mini.

saranwarp
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2004, 09:00 PM

I wouldn't do it, but then again I have a lot more than 4 GB of music. If I had 1 or 2 gigs, though, I would already have a green mini

jld
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 27, 2004, 09:19 PM

http://www.smalldog.com has an ipod trade in program.
12" AlBook • 15" Albook • G4 Cube • iSight • Original iPod • PB 100 • Newton 110 • Quicktake 100

Forum Links
Forum Rules