Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help! My slot-loading iMac is rejecting all disks

Help! My slot-loading iMac is rejecting all disks
iKent
Feb 4, 2001, 11:16 PM

I put in a CD or DVD and it is rejected in about 5 seconds. Nothing launches, not the CD player or the DVD player. I didn't have this problem until I installed 9.1 (download).

Any and all help is much appreciated.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2001, 11:30 PM

do you use multiple users or any security software? you might want to check your settings for those, if you have either installed... make sure you have the privileges to insert media.

-r.

iKent  (op)
Feb 4, 2001, 11:37 PM

None that I know of. I just changed the CD control panel to "Auto play" and was then able to get the drive to accept a software CD without ejecting it. But music CD are thrown out instantly.

I got it to accept a couple of different DVD's, but when the player launches, it says it is having trouble playing the DVD. I still have 2.2 of DVD......wasn't 9.1 supposed to included 2.3? Would this matter?

posthumanus
Senior User
Feb 5, 2001, 01:29 AM

alert:

i believe there is something called an autostart/autoplay worm that attacks macs: it maybe best to disable this option until wiser heads than mine can confirm.

there is also [at least] one particular extension that needs to be enabled, other than your Apple CD/DVD driver, but i can't for the life of me remember its name.

sit tight: others will be along shortly.

posthumanus over.

[This message has been edited by posthumanus (edited 02-05-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules