Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1 Nuisance

9.1 Nuisance
RedJack
Feb 2, 2001, 05:27 PM

Well, the good news is it works, faster and more stable than 9.04. Bad news, I get a network time error sychronization error now. What is that, and how do I fix it? Would iClock have anything to do with it?

DocWest
Senior User
Feb 3, 2001, 10:02 AM

Ahoy matey

Sounds like it might be the network time server in the Date and Time control panel.
if you don't use one, turn off this setting.

RedJack
Feb 3, 2001, 02:09 PM

No such luck, I forgot to mention the exact error, that I've an invalid timezone. With or without network time synchronization, it makes no difference. I've also trashed the date and time prefrences, no dice. Any other ideas?

MikeM32
Banned
Location: "Joisey" Home of the "Guido" and chicks with "Big Hair"
Feb 3, 2001, 03:48 PM

I just saw the same error on a Beige G3/300 Mini Tower we're making into a workstation at my job. I did a complete re-format on the Mac and upped it to OS 9.1, I had a few of these incorrect time zone errors in the first install.

I tried fixxing it in the Date and Time control panel but it kept coming back, so I finally re-installed the OS 9.1 update which seems to have fixxed the problem. Thankfully I didn't have to re-install EVERYTHING, I justr had to re-run the 9.1 update again......I'm still stumped as to why this Mac kept thinking it "lived" in like "India" or somewhere

Mike

petek
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2001, 10:34 PM

Not sure if this is your problem, but OS 9.1 didn't install the Map control panel automatically for me, and I think that network time sync needs the Map.

I had to install the Map CP from the Apple Extras folder in Applications (Mac OS 9). I did a clean install and discovered the missing Map while I was moving my old App extensions over to the new System, so I didn't have it up long without the Map and didn't see a time sync error. Worth a try...

Forum Links
Forum Rules