Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Okidata C3530n MFP

Okidata C3530n MFP
mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2007, 10:54 PM

I'm researching this color laser printer, there's a $200 rebate offer if ordered by the 31st so I'm kind of in a rush to find out about some of the features.

The key feature I want other than printing is the ability to network scan. I know it can scan to email and ftp, so if I get this and it can't scan directly to my Mac at least there are options, but I'd rather not go through the hoops.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this printer scan over the network? According to the specs it can do scan to PC (windows) via its TWAIN driver... so, would that also work on Mac via its twain driver?
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

OreoCookie
Jul 30, 2007, 12:01 AM

Scan-to-e-mail is IMHO the simplest option. We have an mfp (Kyocera FS-1118 MFP) and scan-to-e-mail is awesome, it saves me literally hours of work. And that's despite the fact there is a TWAIN driver for it.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

mpancha  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 31, 2007, 12:58 PM

Guess that's good enough for me. I went ahead and ordered the Okidata I listed in my original post. I'll let you guys know how that works out in a couple weeks after its arrived and I've had a chance to use it a bit.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

Forum Links
Forum Rules