Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Problems with a Quicktake 150

Problems with a Quicktake 150
Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2001, 05:20 PM

Hello,

I tryed to get our Quicktake 150 to work, but got some problemo's. The Quicktake itself seems to work fine, photographiing is ok and the rest of the features too..

I first had to search across my whole house for the 4 floppy disks of QuickTake. Found them Tryed to install easy install on a 6400/180, AT on (Ethernet&Printer), QT150 connected to modem) . Shortly after inserting disk 3 it said there was an "error". Tryed it again, same error.

Darn, But I had an idea....a and what I already was thinking tuyrned out to be true: disk error. Aargh. I got some Disk 3 Install Image from a site somewhere on the net, and made an exact copy of it on a new good floppy with Disk Copy 6.3.3. Tried the installation process again. Nope, when I inserted my new Install 3 disk, it kept saying this was not the Install 3 disk it wanted to have

Darn again. The tried to only install QuickTake and ColorSync, and no PhotoFlash. My goodness, it needed no disk 4 so it succeeded. But if I am trying to connect the cam it says it "may have gone to sleep" although I have just turned it on. I can see it sees something, coz when I ask the computer to mconnect when the cam is turned off, it says something else (such as. "not connected or not turned on" or so).

Anyone knowing what to do?
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

lklarson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 25, 2001, 09:10 AM

Tried turning appletalk off, I'm sure. Even though using the modem port, you might have to turn AT off.

Jerommeke  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2001, 10:07 AM

oops, that's a thing I forgot to mention.... I also tried on both modem and printer ports with at on and off

iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules