Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Mumbai, India Terror Attacks

Mumbai, India Terror Attacks
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 10:02 AM

I'm just curious to see if there are any MacNN leftists who want to defend the actions of the Muslim terrorists attacking across Mumbai over the past few days. Anyone want to laud these murders of innocent Hindus and Jews? Sayf, Red Rocket, et al, I'm looking in your direction.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2008, 10:21 AM

I've actually been to the Victoria Terminal (the train station that was attacked) and seen the Taj hotel, and it's shocking to see this stuff unfold there.

Islamic terrorists yet again. And the targets are yet again non-muslims (Hindus, Jews, Christians, atheists, etc...).

Makes you wonder how these devils managed to keep such a large scale operation a secret from the people around them(family & friends). I wonder if that makes those around them devils as well...

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I'm just curious to see if there are any MacNN leftists who want to defend the actions of the Muslim terrorists attacking across Mumbai over the past few days. Anyone want to laud these murders of innocent Hindus and Jews? Sayf, Red Rocket, et al, I'm looking in your direction.
I'm just curious if you've gone completely off the deep end, or if you're still hanging onto the precipice with a few fingers.

I have to agree with the other posters. Ever since near the end of the presidential campaign, your posts have really taken a turn for the worse.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2008, 10:39 AM

Still coming up with new anti-Muslim rants, eh?

I notice you didn't denounce the terrorist attacks but merely used them as a pretext to criticise Muslims.

This leftist thinks terrorist actions are bad regardless of the religious beliefs of those committing them. I think the attacks in Mumbai are terrible in spite of the presumed religious beliefs of the attackers. You seem to think the attacks in Mumbai are terrible because of the presumed religious beliefs of the attackers.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

pheonixash
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
Makes you wonder how these devils managed to keep such a large scale operation a secret from the people around them(family & friends). I wonder if that makes those around them devils as well...
I'm not sure if you know how these terrorists are trained in their camps. They are surrounded by no-one else, but MORE terrorists. Most of these terrorists are orphan children or those who have already lost their family. They're trained and brain-washed to believe that even if they kill a family-member in such an act, it's a sign of great pride and they will attain 'Jannat' which is equivalent to considered going to heaven.

Evidence found clearly points to Pakistani roots, and this is something the Indian government should NOT tolerate.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I'm just curious if you've gone completely off the deep end, or if you're still hanging onto the precipice with a few fingers. I have to agree with the other posters. Ever since near the end of the presidential campaign, your posts have really taken a turn for the worse.
I'm sorry you don't like or agree with my posts. What, precisely, have I said with my OP in this thread that makes you claim I've gone "completely off the deep end"? I was calling out the members I referenced because they have a propensity to whitewash terrorism, in my opinion. I wanted to get their responses to these events. And please, try to concentrate on the here and now when formulating your arguments against me unless you have specific and relevant points to make about what I have said previously - election 2008 is history.

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
Still coming up with new anti-Muslim rants, eh?
Nothing I said in my OP was generally anti-Muslim. It was anti-Muslim terrorists, and I do draw a distinction there.

I notice you didn't denounce the terrorist attacks but merely used them as a pretext to criticise Muslims. This leftist thinks terrorist actions are bad regardless of the religious beliefs of those committing them. I think the attacks in Mumbai are terrible in spite of the presumed religious beliefs of the attackers. You seem to think the attacks in Mumbai are terrible because of the presumed religious beliefs of the attackers.
Again, please point out to me where in my OP you think I criticized Muslims aside from the Muslim terrorists perpetrating these horrific attacks. I don't see it. I too think these attacks would be terrible no matter who was responsible for them, so please don't put words in my mouth. My heart goes out to every innocent person killed by these human pieces of excrement. However, the fact that these are Muslim terrorists who are taking special steps to kill Jews specifically produces an additional negative dimension for me personally. Perhaps you can't understand that aspect of it for me. Muslims have exacted a huge toll on the Jewish people since the inception of Islam, which is a fact. And my religion commands me to feel the pain of my fellow Jews as my own pain, which is something you may mock or deride but is also a fact.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Nov 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2008, 10:54 AM

I'm sorry you don't like or agree with my posts. What, precisely, have I said with my OP in this thread that makes you claim I've gone "completely off the deep end"?
Maybe it's because you talk about a horrific act of terrorism in the context of criticising the presumed religious identity of those who perpetrated the act. You have yet to actually denounce the terrorist attack as the terrible, senseless act of violence against innocents that it is.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 11:08 AM

Uh, check my previous post.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 11:19 AM

Uh, most people would be like, "That's terrible. I deplore such acts. Let's discuss some of the details." Etc.

Instead, you chose to use this event simply to attack other forum members in your very first post in this thread.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Instead, you chose to use this event simply to attack other forum members in your very first post in this thread.
It's no secret that I have huge ideological differences with certain members of this forum. No one else saw fit to discuss this thread, so I decided I would. I could have chosen to create a generic discussion thread, but instead I chose to elicit a particular response. I succeeded. If you can't get over a little partisanship in your political debates, I really don't think this is the forum for you.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by pheonixash View Post
I'm not sure if you know how these terrorists are trained in their camps. They are surrounded by no-one else, but MORE terrorists. Most of these terrorists are orphan children or those who have already lost their family. They're trained and brain-washed to believe that even if they kill a family-member in such an act, it's a sign of great pride and they will attain 'Jannat' which is equivalent to considered going to heaven.

Evidence found clearly points to Pakistani roots, and this is something the Indian government should NOT tolerate.
Pakistani or Indian, the devils claimed to be fighting for a specific group(determined by choice of religion rather than nationality) that cannot be delimited by national boundaries.

Your explanation on the roots of terrorism is plausible until you consider:
-That demon that Israel released in exchange for the remains of Israeli soldiers, who was convicted of killing a father and a child..... who got a hero's welcome in Lebanon. A murderer who gets a hero's welcome.
-The demon who was directly involved with the murder of the Israeli olympic team in Munich, who is still living as a hero and a free man somewhere in the muslim world.
-Idi Amin(spell?), who after committing genocide in the Congo, lived out his life, a free man.... in Saudi Arabia.
-When an engineering student from Lebanon/Syria/Jordan, focuses his mind to building bombs that kill innocent Jews in Israel, the Arab(muslim) authorities do nothing to help Israel stop him.

But, when a Jewish fanatic plants bombs outside a muslim school, the Israeli authorities prevent it from going off, and arrest the guy.

Why is there a difference ?

Going forward, i hope that places like India, E.Timor, Russia, Cyprus, etc... who are facing theses threats from this particular demographic, get the appropriate training and knowledge from Israeli who probably have the most experience in this field.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Nov 28, 2008 at 12:13 PM. )

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2008, 12:05 PM

It's no secret that I have huge ideological differences with certain members of this forum. No one else saw fit to discuss this thread, so I decided I would. I could have chosen to create a generic discussion thread, but instead I chose to elicit a particular response. I succeeded. If you can't get over a little partisanship in your political debates, I really don't think this is the forum for you.
Indeed you did succeed.

However, my point is that your original post suggests you do not care to discuss the actual event much. You're just using it as an excuse to attack those with ideological differences from yours.

My second point was that this approach seems more common for your posts of late, and it seems to have manifested itself at the time of or just before Obama won the presidential election. It was stated by others before, and given what I've seen in the last few months, I'd have to agree.

Venting? Sour grapes? Not sure.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2008, 12:12 PM

I belive Big Mac is refering to these typical responses to the post below
Originally Posted by macintologist View Post
There hasn't been a terrorist attack since 9/11. I think Bush deserves more credit for than people are willing to give him.
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I also haven't been attacked by bears, so somebody is doing a good job of keeping the bears away....

What you said may or may not be true, but we cannot know this.
Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
There hasn't been a hurricane since Katrina. I think Bush deserves more credit for than people are willing to give him.
Originally Posted by TheWOAT View Post
Domestic wire tapping keeps me safe from mountain lions.
45/47

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 28, 2008, 12:14 PM

Ok, so this thread is a real waste. Let's see about a new one that lacks the thinly veiled attack on specific members (not their ideas).

Any statements similar to those in the original post that imply specific members of these forums may approve of these terrorist attacks will result in infractions.

Thread closed due to initial fail.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules