Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Trouble installing 10.2 on Bondi (rev. B) iMac

Trouble installing 10.2 on Bondi (rev. B) iMac
Thumannator
Jan 5, 2003, 10:39 PM

Been running with 10.2 on my laptop for a while now, and finally decided it was worth giving it a try on my old iMac. So, I popped in the first 10.2 disc, clicked the install icon and let it reboot. Went through all the intro stuff and license agreement. Then comes the part where I choose the partition to install onto. A while back, I upgraded the hard drive to an 80 GB drive, and I made the first 8 GB a single partition along with 2 other partitions. I was able to put 10.1 on the first partition, but 10.2 claims that this same partition is not within the first 8 GB of the drive. Did I miss something? Why the apparent change in drive size recognition? I even looked in the info window for that drive, got the number of bytes in the partition and divided it by 1024 three times and it came out to 8 exactly. Should I have made this partition ever so slightly smaller than 8 GBs? Help! Is there any way I can get 10.2 on there without reformatting and repartitioning?

Thanks

Thumannator  (op)
Jan 7, 2003, 10:12 AM

surely someone has an opinion to offer on this? why's everyone so quiet?

imaxxedout
Banned
Jan 7, 2003, 01:59 PM

that would be my guess man. I have a 120 gig drive in my 1st gen iMac and to avoid any such issues I have 4 partitions, and two of them are only 3 gigs each, right in the beginning. I figured it would work on one of them, and it did.

- Ca$h

Forum Links
Forum Rules