Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost Season 3

Lost Season 3 (Page 3)
vinster
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Yeah I get it, but 24 does all 24 episodes in a row. That's how Lost should do it.
Agreed, but according to the trailer they are only doing 16 more this season, so 22 episodes total (probably a normal number of episodes per season in the TV industry).

I think to show committment to the fans, they should do 26 episodes a season. I don't have a problem with a break or two (especially for special presentatations or the holidays), but they should try to minimize this.

Having such a long lapse is sure to cause a loss of viewers.

himself
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by vinster View Post
Agreed, but according to the trailer they are only doing 16 more this season, so 22 episodes total (probably a normal number of episodes per season in the TV industry).
Actually, 24 is only 22 episodes long as well... the season premier and season finale are both 2 hours long.

The TV networks are now trying to cram more shows in less time, and now the TV seasons are getting shorter and shorter... and cut up into chunks to try to launch new shows in their place. Such is the way of things, it seems...
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2006, 05:17 AM

meh.
Getting bored of it now. Dunno if I can be bothered to wait till January.
we don't have time to stop for gas

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Velocity211 View Post
February 7th!?!? NOOO!! So, do you think sawyer/ben are gonna die?
Nope. They are main characters. Can't start killing off main characters. Ben is the main bad guy, and you never lose the main bad guy (unless he's not really the main bad guy!).

greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 12:55 PM

Wow, another snooze fest. The entire episode was fashioned to create a sex scene between Sawyer and Kate, and to bring back the proverbial obsessively-jealous Jack. No substance at all.

I quit this show. Lost sucks.

Jolt21
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2006, 12:59 PM

what a terrible ending to have to wait like 3 months....there is no cliffhanger that makes it worth the wait
blah

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2006, 01:05 PM

they are making the characters so stupid. Have they not realized if the Others can get to the Lostaway island, they have a boat? Don't they remember Michael saying Walt was taken in a BOAT? Then shouldn't Sawyer and Kate have run away, found, and stolen the BOAT?!?!? No, cage sex is much more logical.

Also, just thought: If the island takes away illnesses (cures Rose of cancer, Sun's infertility, Locke's bad legs, etc) then why has Ben got a tumor? Maybe the Other island is too far away from the magic? Ben just needs to move to Lostaway island.

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp View Post
I quit this show. Lost sucks.
Welcome to the club.

lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2006, 02:09 PM

If Comic Guy were to sum up season 3 so far - "crappiest season everrr"

For me, the show has "lost" its direction. Story hasn't progressed at all. It just keeps going in circles.

The constant character flashbacks are a bore now. Its reached the point, where it really doesn't add a whole lot of value to the show or its characters anymore. So what if Kate was married, living in Miami and still on the run?! Snooze! I don't need to see a flashback every single time, just so the show can explain why one character wants to f*ck another character. Seriously?!

I'd like to see the development of the characters and their life on the island, just the island.
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

Jolt21
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2006, 02:28 PM

i would actually like them to get rescued and have the story wrapped up. it has gone on long enough...

they must feel so dirty..no shower in soooo long

how can you have sex feeling that dirty? and you know you have no condoms, so you cant even wipe away your ejaculatory substance when you are done!

so disgusting.
blah

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2006, 02:50 PM

Missed the last episode (and don't really care) because I've gotten fed up with the flashbacks. Someone should really tell the writers that the characters are sufficiently established now.

edit: silly grammar mistake.
( Last edited by xi_hyperon; Nov 9, 2006 at 02:58 PM. )

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jolt21 View Post

how can you have sex feeling that dirty? and you know you have no condoms, so you cant even wipe away your ejaculatory substance when you are done!

so disgusting.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jolt21 View Post
i would actually like them to get rescued and have the story wrapped up. it has gone on long enough...

so disgusting.
lol. Could you imagine sweltering out there with sex-crotch in the heat with no shower for days? yuck.

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 05:42 PM

quite conveniently it rained, allowing them to wash their genitals.

I love how Kate manages stop her body hair from growing. I mean, Sawyer wouldn't have sex with her if she was all gross and stubbly would he?

Wouldn't it be funny if Sawyer gave her an STD?

The final straw was the writing on Eko's stupid stick. Jeez.

andi*pandi
Nov 9, 2006, 05:49 PM

maybe in her next flashback we'll see that she got laser hair removal 2 years ago.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 06:20 PM

Jack finally got back to becoming a BAD ASS..YEAH

laieboy
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
Welcome to the club.
I was trying so hard to like this season but I give up! This show sucks!

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2006, 09:03 PM

I thought this last episode was the best of the season, but I could have done without the "caged sex" scene....best of this season isn't saying much though..

I'll probably tune back in this Feb, but only because Battlestar will be over...
Joe

natnabour
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by powerbook867 View Post
I thought this last episode was the best of the season, but I could have done without the "caged sex" scene....best of this season isn't saying much though..

I'll probably tune back in this Feb, but only because Battlestar will be over...

The make out/kiss scene b/w Kate & Jack was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2006, 01:52 AM

Nice series. The seasons are just so distinct. First, second and third could all be different shows.

I am looking forward to see what happens next. This is neat entertainment and a bit of a dis on reality-shows

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2007, 12:57 AM

Liked the new episode. Sets up some nice tension for the rest of the season and leaves me hopeful that Lost will get some direction.
So is the Clockwork Orange kid going to be a sleeper agent back on the main island?
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2007, 01:38 AM

I liked the new one, too. Thought it added a couple of fresh little twists that kept it from stagnating like the first part of the season.

"I start fires!"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2007, 06:44 AM

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 09:47 AM

I liked yesterday's episode since it brought up a few things I've been wondering about. Mainly Juliet's past.
They said this will be an uninterrupted second half of the season? How many episodes are there?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 10:46 AM

I figured this was as good a time as any for another pic:

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 11:11 AM

In response to my own spoiler up above:

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2007, 12:52 PM

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 8, 2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post

EDIT: all these spoiler tags are funny.

Demonhood
Administrator
Feb 8, 2007, 01:18 PM

overall, it's a good start to the second half of this season.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
EDIT: all these spoiler tags are funny.

I hate the spoiler tags already.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Weezer
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2007, 05:21 PM

Can we just mark the thread title SPOILER please so everyone can talk freely without all these damn spoiler tags?

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2007, 05:43 PM

( Last edited by mdc; Feb 8, 2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: I moved my idea of a spoiler tag to its own thread in the feedback forum, so as not to derail this thread.)

Weezer
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2007, 01:10 AM

I hate the abuse of the spoiler tag, and you shouldn't be reading this thread if you havnt watched the most recent episode anyway.

If charlie and desmond were both so far away that it was bizarre how he knew Claire was drowning, how the heck was Charlie supposed to die saving her? I guess you could say that Des pulled them away on purpose to get Charlie away. But Claire was already passed out, and would not have yelled for help, and no one knew she was gone. We're supposed to assume that theoretically, Charlie stayed on the beach, and that someone saw her speck of blond hair out in the ocean, and then everyone watching charlie go rescue her watched him die without trying to then help him?

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2007, 01:29 AM

yes, I think we are to assume that, Weezer, considering Charlie spends almost every waking moment thinking about Claire and the baby, Aaron.
I was thinking that Desmond pulled Charlie away to get him from not seeing Claire.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2007, 02:41 AM

Is Claire dead yet? I might watch the series again if they kill her off.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 08:24 AM

I liked it.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 03:22 PM

me too, great episode.
we don't have time to stop for gas

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2007, 03:24 PM

They're getting a bit obtuse. My wife is really getting bored with it. I'm still all in though!

andi*pandi
Feb 15, 2007, 04:10 PM

it's hard to remember all the twists and turns, yes. But I like desmond so I liked the ep. I'll be glad next week if they REALLY give us some answers so we can move on.

It makes sense that charlie is doomed to die, let's count how many near misses he's had:

plane crash
rockfall (rescued by michael)
drug withdrawal
being hung by ethan
the hatch explosion
(lightning, saved in advance)
(drowning, saved in advance)

Anything I've missed?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 04:14 PM

I predict Charlie finally dies when Sawyer comes back and finds out he was messin with his stash. That will be an awesome episode.

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2007, 04:40 PM

I think it's going to end up being something like Groundhog's Day since it seems that Desmond is living in a loop (he's seen Charlie die twice, right?). I think he'll eventually figure out a way to put Charlie on a different path so he doesn't die, then Desmond can go back and change his own past.

I just can't see that the whole show is based on there being no free will... seems too fatalistic.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2007, 04:44 PM

I think it's going to end up being something like Groundhog's Day since it seems that Desmond is living in a loop (he's seen Charlie die twice, right?). I think he'll eventually figure out a way to put Charlie on a different path so he doesn't die, then Desmond can go back and change his own past.

I just can't see that the whole show is based on there being no free will... seems too fatalistic.
He's not living in a "groundhog day" - he can just "remember" certain things before they happen. It's as if he's already lived his life once and he's going through and living it again, but memories have to be triggered.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 04:49 PM

He's not living in a "groundhog day" - he can just "remember" certain things before they happen. It's as if he's already lived his life once and he's going through and living it again, but memories have to be triggered.
But he apparently has seen Charlie die more than once. From lightening (which he stopped), and from drowning (which he stopped as well). Which suggests that he's been in both of those situations before, and remembered them.

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2007, 04:59 PM

I don't see what part of this contradicts what I posted.

It sounds like we're both in agreement that he's living his life repeatedly.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2007, 05:26 PM

I don't think it's groundhog day in the fashion that this is Desmond's nth time round. I think he just saw Charlie die with the lightning strike, so he saved him with the lightning rod there, and then later he saw him drowning so he stopped him from swimming out.
I don't think there is a loop of sorts.

Very interesting story and trying to wrap my mind completely around it all makes me dizzy, so I'm going to wait a while before trying to really break down this episode. I wonder if anything is going to tie into Desmond's story. The one thing that we seem to see is that people's stories tie into each other. Sayid and Sharon(?) fall in love and because of Walt's "abilities" she dies. I wonder if Desmond's new found "ability" is going to play any large part in the story.
Bigger than trying to stop "fate" from killing Charlie.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2007, 06:04 PM

Did this show just turn into Final Destination?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2007, 08:53 PM

I'm still intrigued. I also love Desmond; I'm glad they finally got around to featuring him again. Now we know how he can "see the future," next week we'll find out answers to three more questions... progress is good.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2007, 10:48 PM

I think this sketch about the writers of Lost sums up how I now feel about the show.

YouTube - "Lost" writer's room

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2007, 11:16 PM

I think the show is based on an experiment intended to find a way circumvent fate.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2007, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I think the show is based on an experiment intended to find a way circumvent fate.
That's true - we learned last summer the Valenzetti equation predicted the end of the world and the Dharma Initiative was created in order to try to change that fate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules