Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Download your free copy of Fahrenheit 9/11

Download your free copy of Fahrenheit 9/11
Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:26 AM

With Mike's blessing.

Here you go (400MB file)

"I don't agree with the copyright laws and I don't have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people. As long as they're not doing it to make a profit, you know, as long as they're not trying to make a profit off my labor. I would oppose that."

-Michael Moore
( Last edited by Demonhood; Jun 29, 2004 at 02:00 AM. )

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 01:29 AM

IBTL�

gohoward
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2004, 01:30 AM

gohoward wishes this had been available for free months ago. Then maybe Howard Dean would have been the nominee instead of John Kerry.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:31 AM

Why would it be locked?

Of course unless the Mooreons come in here and ruin it for everyone.

This isn't a political thread. This isn't about how MM is a lying sack of dung.

This is about getting a free movie legally!

No need to pay money and go watch it, fighting through the MoveOn thugs.

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 01:36 AM

What MoveOn thugs?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 29, 2004, 01:37 AM

Originally posted by gohoward:
gohoward wishes this had been available for free months ago. Then maybe Howard Dean would have been the nominee instead of John Kerry.

Eh... If Dean hadn't had the misfortune of making the comment that the world was not safer without Saddam in power so close to his capture... and if he hadn't allowed himself to get pulled into a mud slinging fest with Gephardt in the weeks before the Iowa Caucus... Then he would have been the nominee.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by brachiator:
What MoveOn thugs?
These MoveOn thugs

gohoward
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2004, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Eh... If Dean hadn't had the misfortune of making the comment that the world was not safer without Saddam in power so close to his capture... and if he hadn't allowed himself to get pulled into a mud slinging fest with Gephardt in the weeks before the Iowa Caucus... The he would have been the nominee.
gohoward would like to point out that nothing he or any of the other go_____ usernames type should be taken seriously.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by PowerMacMan:
Eh... If Dean hadn't had the misfortune of making the comment that the world was not safer without Saddam in power so close to his capture... and if he hadn't allowed himself to get pulled into a mud slinging fest with Gephardt in the weeks before the Iowa Caucus... The he would have been the nominee.
Maybe... I think Kerry was "chosen" before that.

He had the most money.

velodev
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 01:42 AM

So, if I found the newsgroups to be a faster transport than the akamai link... is it still ok?

Is it ok if I post Bowling for Columbia and Roger and Me to the newsgroups too, Michael?

Just curious.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by velodev:
So, if I found the newsgroups to be a faster transport than the akamai link... is it still ok?
Sure, Moore said so. As long as you don't make money off it.

Post it all you wish.

Post this in as many forums as you wish as well.

I know I don't like paying someone to lie to me. I am sure others feel the same way.

velodev
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 01:48 AM

I wonder how he justifies his version of copyright law. I get into debates quite often about "paying for movies" vs. "downloading them off the newsgroups".

If he doesn't make money off the movie's internet distribution... then how is he going to continue film-making? Is it because a majority will still pay $8-9 to see it in a theater and he figures the remainder, even if stealing, would never have been money in the pocket.

What's your thoughts?

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 01:49 AM

Cool, I wasn't going to watch it but this download wet my wistle. Now I want to go to the theatre and see it. No wonder it is breaking records!

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by velodev:
I wonder how he justifies his version of copyright law. I get into debates quite often about "paying for movies" vs. "downloading them off the newsgroups".

If he doesn't make money off the movie's internet distribution... then how is he going to continue film-making? Is it because a majority will still pay $8-9 to see it in a theater and he figures the remainder, even if stealing, would never have been money in the pocket.

What's your thoughts?
I think he said it because he knows he can't stop it. So instead of acting hateful about it, he tries to play it off.

Zimphire  (op)
Baninated
Jun 29, 2004, 01:52 AM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
Cool, I wasn't going to watch it but this download wet my wistle. Now I want to go to the theatre and see it.

That made no sense. You weren't going to watch it, but now you can get it for free, you've decided to go to theaters? Heh

No wonder it is breaking records!
So did Titanic. And we all know how much that movie sucked.

ANY movie with that much HYPE is going to break records.

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

That made no sense. You weren't going to watch it, but now you can get it for free, you've decided to go to theaters? Heh
[/B]
Yep, I am impressed with his attitude on this matter, so I am going to support him with paying.

Why is the link WWDC?

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

velodev
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 01:58 AM

Hmm, why is my taskbar calendar stuck on April 1?

Demonhood
Administrator
Jun 29, 2004, 02:03 AM

just because there is an unsourced quote from Moore saying it's ok, doesn't mean it is. even if he endorses it, i doubt his distributers would. so please, don't post it again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules