Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Dewey wins election!

Dewey wins election!
Thread Tools
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
 
Sorry. Had to do it.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 10:24 AM
 




Maybe the US will finally adopt the metric system, like it should have 30 years ago.
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
 


Yes!
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 10:33 AM
 
Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Maybe the US will finally adopt the metric system, like it should have 30 years ago.
Meh. The Dewey decimal system.
ebuddy
     
ort888  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your Anus
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
 

My sig is 1 pixel too big.
     
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 11:52 AM
 
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 12:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
ebuddy
     
Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 12:06 PM
 
Hopefully that's not a shipping newspaper, and hopefully they made another version of the paper where McCain wins (or there's an EC tie). Sports teams do this all the time with championship attire... championship shirts are made for both teams so that the winners can don their shirts and hats immediately after the game is decided. If I remember right, the shirts of the losers are sent over to African countries as donations.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 12:14 PM
 
Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
Hopefully that's not a shipping newspaper, and hopefully they made another version of the paper where McCain wins (or there's an EC tie). Sports teams do this all the time with championship attire... championship shirts are made for both teams so that the winners can don their shirts and hats immediately after the game is decided. If I remember right, the shirts of the losers are sent over to African countries as donations.
Unfortunately this isn't the case. As I understand it, the rag justified its position as being "first to break the story." There was no acknowledgement that the outcome may be different.
ebuddy
     
Eug
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Meh. The Dewey decimal system.
What, the Dewey decimal system is good enough so you don't need the metric system?

The US should have adopted the metric system too, like Dewey suggested.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 1, 2008, 12:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by Eug View Post
What, the Dewey decimal system is good enough so you don't need the metric system?

The US should have adopted the metric system too, like Dewey suggested.
No. We should all use the Dewey Decimal system by Melvil Dewey. If it was good enough in 1876, it is good enough today!

Melvil Dewey for President!
ebuddy
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,