Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone Installing Codebreaker

iphone Installing Codebreaker
joec
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2009, 01:13 AM

When I sync my iphone to iTunes, it says installing 'codebreaker'. Anyone knows why? I did not jailbreak the iphone and all the applications I have are downloaded directly from Apple's appstore.

Joe

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 3, 2009, 01:46 AM

It's an app...
iTunes Store

joec  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab View Post
It's an app...
iTunes Store
Why is it installing by itself? I have not downloaded it from the app store.

DmbShn41
Jul 14, 2009, 08:09 PM

Somewhere, sometime you or someone has downloaded it to your phone, or within iTunes. You probably have Sync set to Auto, so whenever you plug in, it either tries to put it on your phone, or retrieve it from your phone to your computer.
Intel iMac - 17" 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB RAM 150GB HDD
MB 13" - Early 2010 Model iPod Touch - 16GB
iPad - 16GB WiFi iPhone 3GS - 16GB

ktwelsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2009, 08:02 PM

Same issue here. I can promise you that I did not buy codebreaker. It's not in the list of apps that I have in iTunes, nor does it show on my phone after the sync -- yet it sure said it was syncing codebreaker...

joec  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ktwelsh View Post
Same issue here. I can promise you that I did not buy codebreaker. It's not in the list of apps that I have in iTunes, nor does it show on my phone after the sync -- yet it sure said it was syncing codebreaker...
Exactly same problem. I have never downloaded codebreaker and it was a brand new iPhone from AT&T and I am the only person who use it. I have searched other forums and others have reported similar problems but no solution or explanation yet.

joec  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2009, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ktwelsh View Post
@ktwelsh, do you have Oxford Translator installed? I did some more digging and it seems Oxford Translator has a line of product for Palm and Windows Mobile called Language Codebreaker. I have the English-French and English-Spanish Oxford Translator installed.

pomsmith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by joec View Post
@ktwelsh, do you have Oxford Translator installed? I did some more digging and it seems Oxford Translator has a line of product for Palm and Windows Mobile called Language Codebreaker. I have the English-French and English-Spanish Oxford Translator installed.
I found this forum searching for "codebreaker" (NOT to be confused with the itunes store app Code Breaker) b/c I was seeing the same thing happen as I was uploading purchases from iphone. I too have Oxford Translator installed. Thanks, Joec--looks like you may have have solved this one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules