Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Wireless Ipod earphones

Wireless Ipod earphones
minimanshane
Jan 14, 2006, 07:49 PM

Is there any nice ipod wireless earphones? Like ones that look like the normal ones just wireless.

I have found a one set online but not to my taste lol To large?

Cheers shane

IFLY2HIGH
Senior User
Jan 14, 2006, 08:53 PM

Depending on what flavor ipod you have, like an older one, Logitech's got a cool pair if you have the accessory port on top. They also have these if you have a newer model without the accessory port. Not sure who else makes them but I'm in the market as well for a pair.
- Eric

minimanshane  (op)
Jan 14, 2006, 10:04 PM

Not exactly perfect for sitting in school will there be sucha thing as wireless earphone the same size as standard ipod earphones?

jaimzedup
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2006, 02:31 PM

That would be neat but it would have to use two separate wireless earbuds. I'd probably lose them quickly.

Kneuby
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2006, 11:47 PM

Buy.com offers the Logitech Bluetooth iPod Headphones, model no. 980397-0403, for $89.99 before a $50 mail-in rebate, $39.99 after. With free shipping, that's a $5 drop and the lowest total price we've seen. These headphones connect wirelessly to your iPod via the included snap-on Bluetooth adapter. Rebate ends March 31

for that price if I had an older ipod i wouls get them for working out.

StudioSP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2006, 09:14 PM

I don't know why they didnt make the newer Pods w/ Bluetooth... I means seriously.

I think wireless headphones are kinda pointless. I'd rather have a little cord than some goofy box sitting somewhere or mounted to the back of the Pod. Kind of counter-productive really.
-StudioSP-
Graphic & Multimedia Design
PowerBook 15" (aluminum)
iPod Video 60GB (black)

bourgeoisie
Jan 25, 2006, 03:50 AM

studio: do you realize the amount of technology that apple already crammed into the 5G ipod? and you want bluetooth too? yah ok....
green links don't belong to me!

StudioSP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by bourgeoisie
studio: do you realize the amount of technology that apple already crammed into the 5G ipod? and you want bluetooth too? yah ok....
Yes... I do. And something as simple as that is not unreasonable in the least bit.

It's the little things that make things great. 60GB? great!, video!? awesome!, Size? Incredible! But don't sell me short on little basic/simple things. My phone has bluetooth for Christ sake and that thing is no where near at the level of technology Apple is working with on these iPods.

Not to mention they're making phone/PDA's with wireless internet and PC capabilities. Also the PSP has wireless internet.

I would imagine battery life is probably a reason behind NOT using it in the Pod. However, I'd rather strap on an extra battery pack than a bluetooth box.... obviously.
( Last edited by StudioSP; Jan 25, 2006 at 02:23 PM. )
-StudioSP-
PowerBook 15" (aluminum)
iPod Video 60GB (black)

bourgeoisie
Jan 25, 2006, 03:58 PM

i guess they can't make everyone happy. i love my 3g, 15gb is getting tight since library is at 12gb, but for me it's first and foremost a music player.
green links don't belong to me!

StudioSP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2006, 04:33 PM

I'm not unhappy with my product. I wouldn't have paid $400 for this pod if I wasn't going to be happy with it.

But what I was saying is in no way unrealistic or asking too much of Apple.

Bluetooth ------\/
-StudioSP-
PowerBook 15" (aluminum)
iPod Video 60GB (black)

AppleJockey
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by StudioSP
I'm not unhappy with my product. I wouldn't have paid $400 for this pod if I wasn't going to be happy with it.

But what I was saying is in no way unrealistic or asking too much of Apple.

Bluetooth ------\/
wow that is small

and considering phones like motorolas Razor has blue tooth I dont think it would be a very hard thing for them to do(if the have not manufactured one already).
However
the marketing dept would have a fit.
they do have to make SOME $

dont you guys think they have a bunch of VIDEO ipods sitting around when they released iPod photo?

StudioSP
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2006, 01:37 PM

Yeah, that's what I was meaning... My RAZR has bluetooth and I don't even use it. My Powerbook does also and I don't use that. I'd trade both of those bluetooth capabilities if I could have it on my Pod.

Yeah, I'm sure the video was in the works. Just like anything... the technology that is being worked on NOW is probably incredible. Be it military vehicles, personal electronics, computers, etc. We live in a crazy and exciting age.
-StudioSP-
PowerBook 15" (aluminum)
iPod Video 60GB (black)

AppleJockey
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by StudioSP
... the technology that is being worked on NOW is probably incredible. Be it military vehicles, personal electronics, computers, etc. We live in a crazy and exciting age.
yup

what I wouldnt give to bring a mobile phone ipod or hell even a solar calculator
back 30 years in the past........

freudling
Banned
Jan 29, 2006, 03:55 AM

Apart, the iPod is crammed. Integrating that is possible, though. However, bluetooth is slow.

Charles Bouldin
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2006, 11:46 PM

I think there is a flaw with wireless headphones for the iPod. BT simply sends DATA in digital form, so what you've done is relocated the whole process of digital to analog conversion, and, most importantly, amplification, into the headphones, which will then need to replicate a large part of the electronics that are already in the iPod. This is not the same problem as a BT earpiece for a cell phone, because the requirement of high fidelity is crucial for the iPod and almost irrelevant for the cell phone.

BT headphones that sound as good as wired ones will be bulky, expensive and have a substantial power requirement. I also doubt that they'll sound as good as the wired headphones.

Forum Links
Forum Rules