Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Weird Order Update From Amazon

Weird Order Update From Amazon
mhoyt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2003, 03:28 AM

I orderd the 17" pb from Amazon on March 15th. I just got this weird email from them:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have some news concerning your order for "Apple PowerBook Notebook 17" M8793LL/A." We are sorry to report that we have contacted our supplier and this computer is not yet available. The official release date has been pushed back to 04/04/2003.

We are very sorry for the disappointment.

We have left your order in place and will ship this item to you as soon as it becomes available, but we will certainly understand if you wish to cancel the item from your order."

What f--- is this all about? Did I miss something here about the "official" release date? This is not true, right? Did anybody else get this?

Mike

badnewsblair
Senior User
Mar 21, 2003, 04:07 AM

I think they are talking about 'their' release date, as in when Amazon will be shipping the 17-inch. Wow, March 15th!? Jumped on a little late did we?

I'd go to your local Apple retail store and pick up yourself one as soon as possible. Even if they sell out a few times, you'll still get one before scAmazon gets you one (had too, saw the nickname on the board and had to use it... I know nothing about Amazon so I'm not really judgin )
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

dub07
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2003, 05:24 AM

yeah but you save $160 something bucks by not paying taxes.. i am just gonna wait i guess.. its worth the money to me

i doesnt help with all the pictures of ppl smiling with their new laptops

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2003, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by mhoyt:
I orderd the 17" pb from Amazon on March 15th. I just got this weird email from them:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have some news concerning your order for "Apple PowerBook Notebook 17" M8793LL/A." We are sorry to report that we have contacted our supplier and this computer is not yet available. The official release date has been pushed back to 04/04/2003.

We are very sorry for the disappointment.

We have left your order in place and will ship this item to you as soon as it becomes available, but we will certainly understand if you wish to cancel the item from your order."

What f--- is this all about? Did I miss something here about the "official" release date? This is not true, right? Did anybody else get this?

Mike
why don't you call them?
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

Forum Links
Forum Rules