Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Like new white macbook, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

FS: Like new white macbook, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
xcrunner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2007, 08:54 PM

I would like to sell my like new (just purchased in late june!) white macbook. It has Applecare on it and no visible damage or problems. All specs are current as are displayed on Apple's website and I also upgraded the model with 2GB of ram and 160GB of HD space.

I simply want to go back to PC as I already have a copy of office and just find Windows more suited to my needs. I like OS X and all, but its simply not for me. I have original packaging and it will come with all cds, remotes, etc. Price: $1400 + shipping. If interested please contact me at stb52988 [at] gmail [dot] com with subject line MACBOOK so it doesn't get marked as spam.

I may consider free shipping depending on location.
( Last edited by xcrunner; Aug 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM. )

tintin220
Aug 7, 2007, 10:45 PM

Is this is the lowend or midrange white model? At that somewhat steepish asking price, I'll assume its the middle-range one. Personally, I think that asking price is a bit high (since it costs 1400 for the lowend model with those specs you listed + free ship new from Apple and only 1540 for the mid-level one also new.)

Just my 2¢.
♥ PowerBook G4 1.67 15" / Silver 2G iPod Nano

xcrunner  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2007, 09:35 AM

I just configured the mid-range model (the middle one of course). with the specs listed and Applecare and it comes to 1773. Don't know if this link will work: The Apple Store (U.S.).

And even the basic model with those configurations is $1648 and it doesn't even include a superdrive! Are you looking at the edu discounts or something?

I'm giving you mine, which is only a couple months old for almost $400 cheaper. And I'll even throw in my copy of Vista Business if anyone in here wants it.

xcrunner  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2007, 12:09 PM

Bump, may consider free shipping

chipchen
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2007, 11:41 PM

Not gonna get that price here. Try CL or ebay. Plus, the forums (I believe) require retail packages of software if you're including it.

Computers depreciate more than new cars driven off a lot. And the average forums member knows about Frys, NewEgg and etc... so the upgrades aren't gonna fetch you Apple upgrade prices here. (2GB or RAM for about $65 and a 160GB hard drive for $100... and you still keep your old RAM and Hard Drive to sell, etc.)

EBAY is your best bet... but even there I'd doubt you could get your asking price. My guess... $1100 - $1200 here and $1150 - $1250 on CL maybe, and $1200 - $1300 on ebay (depending on how nice you make your auction look)

So you know... a stock version of what you have would run about $1000 here... maybe a bit more... the upgrades make your machine worth a bit more... but not that much more...

Forum Links
Forum Rules