Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Unable to Customize Expose Mouse Keys

Unable to Customize Expose Mouse Keys
Cincinnatus
Feb 1, 2005, 01:27 PM

For some reason, I can no longer select mouse button 4 on my Kensington Orbit as the activation key for any of the three Expose modes. I had an older orbit on this same hardware/os installation, running MouseWorks 2.5.1, and I could see MB4 without issue. Then I briefly installed Logitech drivers (which are now removed), and then reinstalled MouseWorks. Now the only option that shows-up is Right Click. I've looked around for advice here, and elsewhere, but cannot find any information on why this is happening, or where expose preferences are located (within some non-obvious file). Any help is appreciated.

/Cincinnatus

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2005, 04:11 PM

Are you sure the Logitech software didn't leave any background processes installed and running? A quick dip into Activity Monitor and viewing 'all processes' lets you check it.

J

Cincinnatus  (op)
Feb 2, 2005, 04:17 PM

Any file with "logitech" in it was removed from the system (all extensions and plist files along with the prefpanes), and the system was rebooted (several times) along with zapping the PRAM. Whats more, on another account (via FUS), the mouse-4 command works, even though its not present as an option (a setting held over from when MouseWorks was installed before?). I'm 99% sure there are no Logitech Control Center processes running any more, but I'll check again tonight.

Does anyone know where Expose settings are stored?

/Cincinnatus

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2005, 04:42 PM

Expos� is a feature of the Dock, I think.

J

Forum Links
Forum Rules