Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sears finally did something right.

Sears finally did something right.
Kilbey
Baninated
Jan 12, 2004, 03:11 PM

The water heater in our house started leaking last week. I shopped around and found Sears had a pretty good deal on a 9-year warranty Kenmore 40 gal. heater.

Figuring it would probably take me a Saturday to install it myself, and installation costing less that I would make if I worked a Saturday, I decided to work a future Saturday and have a Sears approved Installer install it.

He came about 2 hours ago and put it in pretty quickly. I went into the basement to check it out and see if there was anything I needed to know. I looked at the heater and what-do-you-know, he had installed a 12-year 50 gal. Kenmore. I, being of the overly honest type, pointed out that it was the wrong heater.

He told me when he went to the warehouse they were out of the cheaper model and told him to just install this one instead. He told me this is the most expensive water heater he has installed. It's very efficient and extremely well built. He then told me with the price difference I basically got the installation free.

Very good customer service on Sears part. I will definitely be going back.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I am a bit excited.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 12, 2004, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Sorry for the long-winded post, but I am a bit excited.
Yep, you've got the geek gene.

Chuckmcd
Senior User
Jan 12, 2004, 03:44 PM

If this were about Apple, and a computer I'd go for the geek gene thing... but I think the water heater angle puts it squarely in the "middle aged man" category.

Kilbey  (op)
Baninated
Jan 12, 2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Chuckmcd:
If this were about Apple, and a computer I'd go for the geek gene thing... but I think the water heater angle puts it squarely in the "middle aged man" category.
I might go with that. I am only 32 though. But with the baby in the house now I feel 50 somedays.

I don't think you people understand. I was going to have to waste a Saturday at work, but because I saved about $250 I don't have to.

It's all about the savings! Not the new water heater. If this were a new iMac, I am sure I would be even happier. And if this were about beer, then I'd be orgasmic.

Priorities.

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2004, 04:26 PM

Similar thing happend with our dishwasher from Lowes. Purchased a floor model that had a small "dent" on an edge. It was like $250 off.... I got the guy to take another $25 off... then paid an extra $99 for installation (of course, I wouldn't have installed it myself either way).

When delivered, I discovered that they had given me a brand new model. I mentioned it to the installer... he was like "oh well...thats what they gave me. You got a great deal!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules