Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Has anyone here ordered an iPhoto book from Apple?

Has anyone here ordered an iPhoto book from Apple?
SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 05:04 PM

So has anyone purchased a book from Apple? Did you like it? I've never even seen one, do you have any pics. Which kind did you get, how many pics, price comments. Anyone that knows anything about this please post. Thanks.

Scifience
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 05:38 PM

I have actually ordered a few.

They have all come out looking VERY nice. They are professionally bound and the pages are stitched in and everything. They make a great memory book, something to give to grandparents, etc.

The only problem with them is that they are quite expensive. $30-40 for a book is not uncommon. Only 10 pages is $20, so if you put one picture on a page (which is how they look best), the total can add up pretty quickly.

Other than that, though,

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 05:40 PM

What day did you order one on, and what day did you receive it? Is their tax? Shipping?

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 06:12 PM

I just placed an order through Ofoto.com. I was disappointed that there was no way to order calendars through iPhoto. I might get my wife a picture book through iPhoto for Christmas, though.

bbales
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by wallinbl:
I just placed an order through Ofoto.com. I was disappointed that there was no way to order calendars through iPhoto. I might get my wife a picture book through iPhoto for Christmas, though.
I'm going to do a photo album for my mother-in-law for Christmas. For the past 6 or 7 years, though, I've created my own calendars, using -- though it's using a bunch of programs and not inconsiderable effort on my part. I create the pages in PageMaker. i create the calendar pages on Calendar Creator. (Both of these are OS 9 programs, by the way.) Then I print them out (after making myself a little cheat version, so I know what goes on the back of what. Then I take the whole thing to Kinko's to have it bound. like I said, it's not necessarily pretty, but it does work.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
I'm going to do a photo album for my mother-in-law for Christmas. For the past 6 or 7 years, though, I've created my own calendars, using -- though it's using a bunch of programs and not inconsiderable effort on my part. I create the pages in PageMaker. i create the calendar pages on Calendar Creator. (Both of these are OS 9 programs, by the way.) Then I print them out (after making myself a little cheat version, so I know what goes on the back of what. Then I take the whole thing to Kinko's to have it bound. like I said, it's not necessarily pretty, but it does work.
We're ordering 10 calendars. It was $25/calendar, but we had a 20% off coupon.

I just ordered a book for my wife through iPhoto - 20 pages = $72. Ouch.

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2003, 07:14 PM

I ordered one, the quality is outstanding. Got it for my stepmother. It was photos of her son when he was moving out to California. Came out really cool!

chessplayer
Nov 2, 2003, 09:40 PM

I got one, it made a wonderful gift and turned out gorgeous.

Forum Links
Forum Rules