Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Getting songs off ipod...

Getting songs off ipod...
Tiny-E
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2004, 09:04 AM

Need some help here. My friend got a 10 gig ipod for Christmas and loaded it with songs from a mac in the states. He's now in Australia and has a pc, so when he goes to hook it up to format it, he'll lose all his songs but he, of course, doesn't want to lose the songs. Is there any way of saving the songs? Or does he have to erase them all and then start over again (because he doesn't have the songs on the ipod here in Aus). I have a mac but have my own ipod. Is there a way of putting all my songs onto my external hd, erasing the songs on my internal hd, then connecting his ipod to my computer and saving them onto my hd? Then burning them onto a cd or something? I, of course, don't want to lose my 10 gigs of songs though. Suggestions???

jtc
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2004, 10:21 AM

Search the forums, this has been asked and answered many times before.

Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2004, 10:43 AM

There is a program called XPlay that will allow you to get your songs off the iPod on a PC, while still keeping it Mac formattted.

Here's the link - http://www.macdrive.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules