Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just brought home my first Mac!!!

Just brought home my first Mac!!!
mariahlullaby
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2005, 12:35 AM

And it's a 12" Powerbook . I really thought I would go with the 15", but I'm glad I went with this one. I really like the tininess of it; the screen is beautiful even compared to my PC laptop which I thought was amazing (one of those new fangled WXGA or whaterver with a glossy screen, etc.). Oh, and this is the Superdrive model. Next, I'm gonna buy a 20" Cinema and up the RAM to 1.25 GB. I have about $500 left so I'm saving. I also picked up an Apple BT mouse + keyboard -- love em!

Thanks for all your help guys!! Just typed everything on my PB!!!!

Spidey79
May 8, 2005, 07:24 PM

Hey man congratulations on ur new purchase.. Hopefully you get to enjoy it and have a good time with it. In the mean time tell us more about your experience!!

historylme
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 10:59 PM

Yeah, enjoy. That is a sweet machine.
ps. Who's that on your sig?

historylme
Mac Elite
May 8, 2005, 11:04 PM

oh, never mind.

Lesterm10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2005, 02:34 AM

Congratulations on your PB 12 inch... it's a great Machine. I love my Apple.
Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4 | P4 3.6 Ghz | 2GB of Memory | 160GB HDD | 80GB HDD | Dual Layer DVD-RW | DVD-ROM Drive | ATI Radeon X850 XT PE | Internal 10 in 1 Media Card Reader | Sony HX73 17 inch Silver LCD Monitor | Logitech DiNovo Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Apple Powerbook 12" rev. D | 1.5 Ghz G4 | 1.256GB of Memory | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive

mariahlullaby  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2005, 07:06 AM

Thanks guys. I still haven't had a chance to REALLY play with it as relatives have been over all weekend, but I love it! I can't wait to see what it will do when I up the RAM .

Forum Links
Forum Rules