Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Invisible scripts?

Invisible scripts?
Jun 26, 2000, 07:29 PM

Is there a way to make a script into an invisible application? Now I'm not talking about just hiding the application, I mean actually not having it show up in the application switcher, kind of like the control strip and the application switcher itself.

Damien
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2000, 10:02 PM

You might want to ask the folks over at Resexcellence.com .

Paul Crawford
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2000, 11:43 AM

Hi,

As Damien suggested, information about this conversion process is indeed available over on the ResExcellence web site, via a search for 'appe' or 'background'. I saw that your own Invisible Applescripts post in the ResExcellence User's Forum has gone unanswered so far, but there are some older relevant threads in that forum.

Such threads include:- Applescipt into Extension?, and 'Converting apps to background only' [which doesn't seem to be online anymore, but there's a copy of it in my iDisk's Public folder ('pcrawford : Public :') at the location ': Develop � : Documentation � : ResExcellence� Posts : Processes : Converting apps to BOA']. If you do decide to go ahead with the 'APPL' to 'appe' conversion, be sure to heed the various warnings and caveats mentioned in those threads.

Regards,

--Paul

Forum Links
Forum Rules