Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > G3PB trackpad ignored after waking?

G3PB trackpad ignored after waking?
Since EBCDIC
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2000, 07:00 AM

The trackpad on my Bronze G3PB is ignored after waking from sleep. I have to shut it down when moving it, rather than get frustrated by seeing a running system without any way for me to control it.

Sometimes I can cause the Do you really want to Restart your computer? dialog to appear, but only intermittently.

Suggestions? Fixes? Sympathy?
Since EBCDIC
Using Macs since they were Lisas.

anonym
Sep 27, 2000, 12:18 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know how use or configure "double click" or "click and move" function with the trackpad and NOT with the trackpad big physicall button using OS X on pismo.

Thank you very much
Anonym

Damien
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2000, 09:48 PM

It'll mean resetting your OS X startup disk with the System Disk control panel after doing so, but clearing the PRAM may help as some of the trackpad setttings are stored there.

------------------
Damien Barrett
http://www.mrbarrett.com

wookiee1
Sep 30, 2000, 01:47 AM

Originally posted by Since EBCDIC:
The trackpad on my Bronze G3PB is ignored after waking from sleep. I have to shut it down when moving it, rather than get frustrated by seeing a running system without any way for me to control it.

Sometimes I can cause the Do you really want to Restart your computer? dialog to appear, but only intermittently.

Suggestions? Fixes? Sympathy?
I can't offer you a fix, but I can offer sympathy. I too have this problem. It is really annoying. I sent in a bug report to Apple about it so hopefully they get the idea that the sleep command doesn't really work all that well on a Powerbook. The interesting thing is if you have a USB mouse hooked up to your powerbook and you wake up the system and the trackpad doesn't work, the USB mouse will still work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules